West Bengal Police Recruitment 2015 – Male Constable Indian citizens for the post of Constables (Male) in West Bengal Police from candidates between 18 and 27 years of age as on 1st January, 2015 (relaxable for SC/ST/OBC candidates of West Bengal only and Ex-serviceman & Serving Home Guards of West Bengal Police) having passed Madhyamik or equivalent examination. Application forms may be submitted either through on-line or off-line.
Schedule for West Bengal Police Recruitment 2015 (Male Constable) is given below.
|Application form available from||03 Aug to 04 Sep 2015|
|Last date of submission application form through postal (Off-line)||04 Sep 2015|
|Last date of submission application form through online||09 Sep 2015|
The candidates will also be informed regarding their Written examination through SMS. The candidates shall have to produce the print out of their e-Admit Cards at the allotted venues for appearing at Test centre. The candidates are directed to carry identical photographs along with proof of their identity.
The date of Written Examination for recruitment to the post of Constable (Male) in West Bengal Police is scheduled on 22 Jan 2017 (Sunday) from 12:00 Noon to 01:00 PM. The e-Admit Cards is available on the website of West Bengal Police (policewb.gov.in) from 05 Jan 2017. All efforts will be made to deliver SMS alert to the registered Mobile Number of the candidates. However, the Board will not be responsible for non-delivery of such SMS. The candidates shall have to produce the printout of their e- Admit Cards at the allotted venues for appearing in the said examination.
No paper Admit Card will be issued or sent by post to the candidates who have applied through the on-line mode nor will it be made available from the office of the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. The candidates are advised to follow the instructions on their Admit Card.
The details of Written Test centre in respect of the candidates from the States other than West Bengal are given below.
- Check Centre of Written Test – (Other State candidates)
Schedule of PMT & PET
Notice regarding PMT / PET in respect of candidates from the states Other than West Bengal.
The Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) in respect of candidates from the states other than West Bengal in connection with the recruitment to the post of Constable in West Bengal Police will be commenced on and from 18/07/2016 at Parade Ground, SAP 2nd Bn., Mangal Pandey Uddyan, Barrackpore, North 24-Pgs., West Bengal, Pin. – 700 120
The e-Admit Cards is now available on the website from 12.07.2016. The candidates will be informed regarding their PMT/PET through SMS on their registered mobile numbers. However, the Board will not be responsible for non delivery of such SMS. Neither any PAPER ADMIT CARD will be issued by the Board by Post in respect of on-line applicants nor it will be available from the Office of West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
The candidates are advised to beware of the unscrupulous persons, touts and racketeers who may misguide candidates with false promises of getting them selected for the job on illegal consideration. The recruitment process conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board is transparent and purely merit based.
The process of PMT & PET in respect of Presidency and Murshidabad Range Recruitment Boards will also commence on the same date as mentioned above as per following schedule.
The process of Physical Measurement Test (PMT) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET) under Jalpaiguri (for Cooch Behar district), Burdwan (for Burdwan district) and Medinipore (for Bankura district) Range Recruitment Boards will remain suspended temporarily w.e.f 31.03.2016 on account of ensuing Assembly Elections – 2016. The date of resuming the process is given below.
The e-Admit Cards will be available on the website from 06.06.2016. The candidates will be informed regarding their PMT/PET through SMS and e-mail in their registered Mobile Numbers. However the Board is not liable for nondelivery of such SMS due to change of Phone No. or else. The candidates shall have to produce the print out of their e-Admit Cards at the allotted venues for appearing at PMT/PET. The candidates are directed to carry identical photographs along with proof of their identity.
No Paper Admit Card will be issued for PMT/PET by the Board and no such card will be sent to the candidates by posts in respect of online applicants. The Admit Cards will also not be available from the office of West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
The candidates are advised to beware of the unscrupulous persons, touts, racketeers who may misguide with false promises of getting them selected for the job on illegal consideration. The recruitment process conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board is transparent and purely merit based.
Schedule of PMT & PET (March 2016)
In view of the government holiday on account of Shivaratri on 07 Mar 2016 as Notified Vide. No. 1010 – F(P) dated. 22.02.2016 of finance department, audit branch, government of west bengal the PMT/PET for that date has been Rescheduled as follows :-
The Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for recruitment to the post of Constables in West Bengal Police-2015 will commence as per the schedule given below.
Application form will be available on the official website policewb.gov.in on or before last date, which is mentioned above. Candidates can apply online and download off-line application form from the given below link.
- Application process is over…!!!
How to Apply
Step – 1 : Create your login-ID either with your own e-mail ID or your own mobile number. A SMS (short message service) will reach your mobile’s inbox with the username and password. You are requested to save that for all future usage for accessing your “My Account” page. You are advised not to share the username and password with anybody. This will minimize the risk of any unnecessary manipulation of your data before submission. More so important information available in your “My Account” page may also get tampered.
Step – 2 : After your account creation you will be taken to the initial information page which will help you to browse through the “Information to Applicants” containing details about the recruitment drive, “How to Apply” containing detail about prerequisites before starting of online fill-up , Statutory warning about touts. Near the bottom half of the page, you will be presented with a button “Apply On-line”, please click on the same to launch yourself into the actual fill-up mode.
Step – 3 : The First page presented to you is the “Personal Details” page. This page is presented with segments; one is Part A and the other Part B. Please take utmost care in filling up the Part A as the information once entered cannot be edited any further after you click on the “Next” button available at the bottom of this page.
Step – 4 : The applicant will be transported to a different secured window for allowing him to make the payment be it through debit card/ credit card or net banking facility. Here the response is instantaneous. If the transaction is a success, it will allow the applicant to immediately move on to the third page – “Communication, Qualification & other details”. In case he is not allowed to move to the third page, then the payment is not a “success”, it is a “failure”.
Step – 5 : Fill the communication, qualification and other details.
Step – 6 : Upload & submit – This is the last page before submission of the form. On-line applicants are required to upload soft copy of their recent passport size photograph and full signature in jpg format covering the entire space provided for the same.
- On-line applicants are required to upload scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph and full signature in jpg format covering the entire space provided for the same.
- The size of photograph file and signature file must be between 10 kb – 50 kb and 5 kb – 20 kb respectively. the image dimension for photograph and signature should be 138 px w x 177 px h (4.5 cm height x 3.5 cm width) and 350 px w x 63 px h (1.7 cm height x 9.2 cm width) respectively.
- Photograph must be on white background with 75-80% of the photo occupying the applicant’s face.
- Candidates are advised not to upload images of other objects in place of photograph and signature.
Fee Details :
- All categories of candidates except those belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Applications Fees of Rs.150/- (Rupees one hundred fifty) only.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe are exempted from paying any Application Fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of interview.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST candidates of other states.
- Must be a Citizen of India.
- Age: The candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 27 years as on 01/01/2015. The Upper-age limit may be relaxed for the SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal only by 05 years and OBC candidates of West Bengal only by 03 years. The upper age limit is also relaxable for the Ex servicemen and Home Guards serving in West Bengal Police only as per existing Government Rules.
- Educational Qualification : The candidate must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination from any other Board recognized by the State Government or the Central Government.
Candidates provisionally considered eligible will be called for Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) which are qualifying in nature, before the Range Recruitment Boards. Candidates who qualify in PMT and PET will have to appear in the Written Examination followed by the Interview.
- Written Test : The Written Examination will have 60 Multiple Choice (Four choices) Objective Type Questions (MCQs) carrying 1.5 marks each. The duration of the examination will be One hour. Question in the Written Examination shall be in the following subjects:-
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) : Candidates who will qualify in PMT will be allowed to take part in PET. Long Distance Run – 1600 mtr. (Qualifying time is 06 minutes 30 seconds).
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT) : The Height and Weight of the candidates will be measured by using Electronic Machines.
- General Awareness and General Knowledge – 30 Marks (20 questions)
- English – 24 Marks (16 questions)
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) – 24 Marks (16 questions)
- Reasoning – 12 Marks (8 questions)
Note : There will be negative marking for each wrong answer. ¼th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Interview : A limited number of candidates on the basis of the result of the Written Examination will be called for Interview. In the Interview, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service will be tested. The Interview will be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board through Range Recruitment Boards.
Reservation of Vacancies
|Category (Sub-category)||No. of vacancies|
|Scheduled Caste (E.C.)||330|
|Scheduled Tribe (E.C.)||102|
For More Information refer to Detailed Notification – Click Here