Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme (Apr) 2017 – Indian Army has released the notification from married/unmarried Male and Unmarried Female candidates and also from Wards of Battle Casualities of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army under NCC Special Entry Scheme 41st Course – April 2017.
Latest – Centre Allotment & SSB Interview Dates for Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2017 have been announced. Check below.
- NCC Men – 50 (45 for Gen Category & 05 for Wards of Battle Casualities of Army Personnel only)
- NCC Women – 05 (04 for Gen Category & 01 for Wards of Battle Casualities of Army Personnel only)
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2017
Candidates can fill their application from here as per schedule mention below. Candidates can check the complete information of Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Schedule for the Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2017 is given below.
|Online Application available from||21 Jul 2016|
|Last date for submission of Application form||18 Aug 2016|
Interview and Centre Allotment
Indian Army has released the list of centre for allotment (Men and Women) and interview dates for the Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2017. Candidate scan now check their allotment centre and interview dates on the official website of Indian Army or by a direct link that is posted on this page below.
Check SSB Interview Dates here
Application Form 2016
Eligible and Interested candidates may fill their application in online mode only from the official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Candidate are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the online application form. Candidates can also fill their application form the direct link provided below.
- Application process is over…!!!
Details once submitted will not be changed under any circumstance and No representation in this regard shall be entertained.
One copy of the print out of application form duly signed, photograph affixed and self attested alongwith all documents as mentioned in Detailed Notification should be forwarded to the OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ Certificate has been issued. The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference and carried to the SSB.
Applicantions of Candidates serving in the Armed Forces, duly counter signed by Commanding officer should be send to the OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has bee issued.
Age Limit: For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years as on 01 Jan 2017 (born not earlier than 02 Jul 92 and not later than 01 Jul 98, both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification and other Criteria.
For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders.
- Educational Qualification:
- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
- Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled. The candidates studying in the final year of graduation should complete their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practicals, vivavoce, projects backlogs etc prior to 01 Oct 2016. They should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA, Chennai. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA, Chennai on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
- Candidate should attach self attested photocopies of educational documents.
- Service in NCC : Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC.
- Grading: Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC
For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel.
- Educational Qualification- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
- NCC ‘C’ certificate not required.
- Applicants under category of Wards of Battle Casualties to send their applications direct to Dte Gen of Recruiting/ Rtg-A, NCC Entry, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066.
- In addition to above, for wards of battle casualities the following documents are also to be attached alongwith the application form:-
- A letter to the effect that the parent has been killed/wounded / reported missing in action issued by MP Dte/Respective Regimental Records and a copy of Part II Order notifying injuries and being classified as battle casualties in case of serving/medically boarded out pers.
- Relation Certificate issued by Respective Regimental Records / MP Dte.
- The vacancies under wards of battle casualties are available to wards (sons and daughters including legally adopted) of battle casualties specified as:-
- Killed in action.
- Died of wound or injuries (Other than self-inflicted)
- Wounded or Injured (Other than self-inflicted).
All applications are to be forwarded to the OC, Unit from where NCC ‘C’ Certificate has been obtained. The NCC Units/Group HQs will forward the applications to State NCC Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ Directorate General NCC. HQ Directorate General NCC will forward the applications to Directorate General Recruiting.
Thorough screening/Shortlisting/checking of applications based on eligibility/qualifications of the candidates will be carried out at each level, i.e. NCC Unit, by the NCC Directorates and by HQ DG NCC.
Candidates not in receipt of call letter from any of the Selection Centres for SSB interview should presume that either their applications have been received after due date or have been found ineligible and rejected. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Candidates after shortlisting will be detailed for SSB interview by Directorate General of Recruiting. The decision of Headquarter DG NCC and Dte Gen Rtg in Army HQ, in the matter of Shortlisting and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final.
On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage-I of the two stages testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-I will be sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be retained to undergo stage-II comprising of Group Tests, Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 4 days (excluding stage -I day).
Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates. Boarding and lodging during interviews at SSBs are free. Recommendation by SSB confers no right of admission to the Officers Training Academy. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of vacancies available.
The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of Directorate General Recruiting and Directorate General Recruiting website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Click here for Official Notification.