Assam Police Recruitment is for filling up of 346 existing vacancies in the rank of Sub-Inspector of Police (UB) (including 62 SI (UB) exclusively for Special Branch) in the pay scale of Rs. 5200-20200 (Pay Band No. 2) plus Rs. 3300 grade pay plus other allowances as admissible under the rules and 27 posts (only male) of Assistant Jailors in Department of Prisons in the existing pay scale plus Grade Pay of the rank.
Total number of posts- 346 ( District Executive Force – 284 and Special Branch- 62)
|ST (H) – 5%||12||5||17|
|ST (P) – 10%||24||11||35|
*Minimum 30% (thirty percent) of the vacancies in each category are reserved for women. (except for the posts of Assistant Jailor, as all the posts are for male)
Detail of Vacancies and Reservation in Respect of Assistant Jailor
Schedule for the Assam Police Recruitment for Sub Inspector is given below.
|Application must be submitted online from||01 Dec 2015|
|Last date of receiving application||15 Dec 2015|
Assam Police Recruitment Board has Published the Final recommended list of candidates selected for the post of sub-inspector(ub), sub-inspector(sb) and assistant jailor . List of candidates can also be checked through the link provided below.
Assam Police Department has released the admit card for PST & PET for selection of appropriate staff for Sub Inspector and Assistant Jailer posts. Those aspirant who have submitted their filled application form on or before last date are now able to download admit card from its official site.
- Admit card process is over…!!!
Applications must be submitted online through Assam Police website www.assampolice.gov.in as per the schedule. No other forms of application will be entertained. A facilitation centers shall be opened at the offices of the District Superintendent of Police in each district with a staff to help the candidates in submitting online application.
- Application Process is over…!!!
Candidates will be allowed to give preferences at the time of applying online for either of the three categories of posts . a) District Executive Force or b) Special Branch Organization c) Assistant Jailor. A candidate can also give preference for all the post. However, the decision of the authority will be final.
There is no application fee.
Candidates can edit their application for the next 5 days w.e.f. 16 December (0800 HRS) to 20 December (upto 2200HRS). Candidates can edit their application from the link given below on before the mention date and time in above line.
- Process is over…!!!
However candidates can edit the following information which were furnished during the time of filling the online application form.
- Address of Permanent District
- Date of Birth
- First Name
You have been provided 3 options to edit your application. Option 1 : AP Regn No, DOB, First Name Option 2: AP Regn No, DOB, Mobile/Email Option 3: Name, Mobile/Email, School name, Caste.
Any of these is not possible, please contact Help Desk for edit, upon successful support. You can edit your application in online.
Nationality : Candidates must be Indian Citizen, ordinarily resident of Assam.
Age: Candidate should not be more than 24 years and less than 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2015. Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC, ST (H) and ST (P).
Educational qualification : The candidate must be a graduate in Arts, Science, Commerce or equivalent stream from a recognized College / Institutions affiliated to a recognized University.
Physical standards :
- Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC – 162.56 cm (5’3″) for male and 154.94 cm (5’1″) for female.
- ST(H)/ST(P) – 160.02 cm (5’2″) for male and 152.40 cm (5’) for female.
Chest (Only for men)
- Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST(P) – 80 cm (31.5″) Normal and 85 cm (33.5″) Expanded.
Medical standards : Candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision. Colour blindness will be a disqualification. Varicose veins shall be considered a temporary disqualification. They must be in good mental and bodily health. They must be free from any physical deformities and free from diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, hernia, piles, heart diseases, respiratory diseases or any other ailment that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
Eye sight – the distant vision should be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer than 6/9 for the other without correction. Near vision should be normal.
For Assistant Jailor
Nationality: Indian citizens, ordinarily resident of Assam.
Age: 21 to 38 years as on 1st January of selection year. This will be governed by the Government Policy from time to time.
Relaxation: Upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST(P)/ST(H) and Ex-Servicemen under provision of the Reservation Rules.
- Degree in Arts/ Science/ Commerce of recognized University.
- Diploma in the fields of Criminology and Correctional Works.
- ‘A’/’B’/’C’ Certificate of Membership of the National Cadet Corps (in case of candidates other than Ex-Servicemen).
- Diploma in computer Application.
Height (Minimum) for Male
- Not less than 162.5 centimeters (5 feet 4 inches), relaxable to 160 centimeters (5 feet 3 inches) in case of a candidate belonging to a Scheduled Tribes; and
- Of chest measuring not less than 81 centimeters (32 inches) when deflated.
General: Candidates must not have squint in eyes, and they should possess high colour vision. Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification. They must be in good mental and physical health. They must be free from any physical deformities and free from diseases such as diabetes, hernia, piles, respiratory diseases or any other ailment that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
Eye Sight: The distant vision should be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer that 6/9 for the other without correction. Near vision should be normal.
Character: Candidates shall have to produce the certificate of good character before the Selection Board from:-
- (a) The Head of the Institution in which he studied last: and
- Two respectable persons who are well acquainted with but not related to the candidate. Additional weightage of marks will be given for Extra-Curricular activities & Skills, based on certificate.
Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respects will be called for a written test which will be conducted in all the District Headquarters. The candidates will have to appear for the Written Test in the district of his / her present residential address. The Chairman reserves the right to change the venues of the test and no representation etc. will be entertained in this regard. Before entering the examination centre, biometrics of each candidate will be done.
The written test will be of 100 marks and will be completely OMR based. There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1 (one) mark. There will be negative marking of ½ mark for each wrong answer. The questions will be set in three parts (i) Logical reasoning, aptitude, comprehension (ii) Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India and (iii) General Knowledge. Candidates will use black ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet. Duration of the test will be of 3 (three) hours.
Candidates numbering only 5 times the number of posts in respect of each category (Unreserved, S.T. (P), S.T.(H), OBC/MOBC) both male & female will be called for PST (Physical Standard Test) and PET (Physical Efficiency Test) on merit basis. A list will be published in the Assam Police Website as well as in leading dailies of Assam.
Testimonials / Documents to be submitted when appearing in PST / PET:
- Certificate of proof of age. (H.S.L.C. / equivalent Admit Card)
- Certificate of HSLC or equivalent examination.
- Certificate of Graduation (BA / BSc / BCom or equivalent) ( pass certificate as well as mark sheet in original)
- Certificate of additional qualification such as Degree / Diploma Certificate from recognized / accredited institute etc. (pass certificate as well as mark sheet in original)
- Certificate of Sports / Games etc. (For which the candidate would be claiming weightage of marks)
- Experience of service in Home Guards and Certificates of NCC including certificate of medals / Republic Day Participation Certificate etc.
- Certificate of Caste from the competent authority in respect of the candidates belonging to ST (P) / ST (H) / SC / OBC & MOBC.
- 2 (two) copies of recent passport size photographs which was uploaded in the online application.
- The candidates who have applied for the posts of Assistant Jailor, in addition to the above documents, shall have to produce the certificate of good character before the Selection Board from:
a) The head of Institute in which he studied last, and
b) Two respectable persons who are well acquainted with but not related to the candidate.
Scrutiny of Documents
All the original documents along with a set of photostat copies of the documents will be checked before the qualified candidate is allowed to appear in the PST and PET as per the given eligibility criteria. Rejections will be made at every stage of the interview. Candidates who are rejected will be given rejection slips specifying the reason of rejection. Submission of any incorrect information or forged document at any stage will lead to disqualification of the candidate and may also render him / her liable to criminal prosecution. Original documents of a candidate may be put to check at any later stage of the recruitment process also. All the photostat copies submitted by the candidates will have to be duly certified by a gazetted officer with seal of office and also self attested by the candidate.
After the documents are found correct, the candidates will have to appear in the PST (Physical Standard Test). It will carry no marks. Measurement of the height, weight & chest (only males) of the candidates after which the candidate will be inspected by a medical officer for preliminary check-ups like knock knee, vision test, colour blindness test, flat foot, varicose vein, physical deformities etc. Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification. Once a candidate clears the PST he / she will have to appear in the PET (Physical Efficiency Test).
Physical Efficiency Test – 40 Marks
The Physical Efficiency Test will carry 40 marks. it will have 2 (two) events viz.
- 3.2 Km race for male candidates /1.6 Km race for female candidates.
- Long Jump – for male 335 cm (minimum) / for female 244 cm (minimum), 3 chances (longest will be considered).
Personality Test / Interview
The maximum marks that a candidate can obtain will be 20. Those candidates who qualify for PST & PET will appear for a personality test which will carry 20 marks.
- Based on the aggregate performance of the candidates in the written test (Paper – 1 & Paper – 2), Physical Test and Interview, selection will be made category wise for the post of Sub-Inspector (UB) and Assistant Jailor, subject to the condition of successful completion of their character and antecedents verification and satisfactory Medical report from the competent authorities. The total numbers of finally selected candidates will be equal to the numbers of the existing vacancies advertized. No waiting list will be maintained.
- The candidates who are employees of Govt. / PSUs / Autonomous bodies must apply through proper channel or obtain necessary permission in writing from the Competent Authority / Employer and a copy of the same may be produced during scrutiny of documents before PST / PET.
- Only candidates who obtain atleast 10 marks out of 20 marks in computer proficiency would be considered for appointment against Special Branch SIs.
- Candidates selected for the post of Sub-Inspectors (UB), Special Branch shall be posted in the Special Branch works like Intelligence, Security to VVIPs and Special Ops. They may also be posted in the District Special Branches (DSBs). These Candidates shall not have any claim for posting in any Uniformed Wing / Other Wing of Assam Police in future.
Instruction to Candidates
- Canvassing directly or indirectly shall render such candidates unfit for the post.
- No TA / DA will be admissible to candidates for the journey and stay at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The selection list confers no right to appointment unless the department is satisfied about suitability of the candidate after a thorough medical examination and such enquiry and verification as may be considered necessary before appointment to the service / post.
- Candidates have to appear in all the stages of recruitment. If a candidate is absent from any stage / event, his / her candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidature will be summarily rejected at any stage of the recruitment process, if found not conforming to the official format / having incomplete information / wrong information / incomplete requisite certificate / misrepresentation of facts / impersonation.
- The select list will remain valid for appointment from date of announcement of the result for one year or till the date of next advertisement of similar post whichever is earlier.
- The physical tests are strenuous and candidates who are in proper medical condition only should take the tests. Assam Police will not be liable for any injury or casualty suffered by a candidate during the tests due to any pre-existing medical condition of the candidate concerned.
- Fake documents / false information / misrepresentation of facts shall lead to rejection if detected at any stage before / after appointment and shall make the candidate liable to criminal proceeding as per existing law.
- The final appointment after selection is subject to satisfactory Police Verification Report and Final Medical Examination Report as per existing norms. In case Police Verification Report or Final Medical Examination Report is found unsatisfactory, the candidature of such candidates will be rejected outright.
- The rules & regulations, terms & conditions of training and afterwards will be applicable of the respective departments.
For more detail of Assam Police Recruitment for SI – Download Oficial Notification.