Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) 2016 – The Bank had issued the notification to recruit all eligible and suitable candidates for the post of Assistant Manager (Grade ‘A’– General Stream) for 150 vacancies as indicated below.
Latest Update – SIDBI Final Result 2016 for Grade A Officers Recruitment has been declared. Check the “Result” link below.
Vacancy Detail – Revised
Schedule for the SIDBI Recruitment 2016 is given below.
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||21 Dec 2015|
|Closure of registration of application||11 Jan 2016|
|Closure for editing application details||11 Jan 2016|
|Online Fee Payment||21 Dec 2015 to 11 Jan 2016|
|Exam Date||24 Jan 2016 (Sunday)|
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should:-
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications.
- Keep the necessary details/documents for Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges ready.
- Have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active at least till the declaration of results of online exam. SIDBI will send intimation to download call letters for PRT/On-Line Exam/Interview on this e-mail ID only. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload in the online application form. Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature. In the event of the candidate not being able to fill the data in one go, candidate can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the provisional registration number and password. Email/SMS indicating the provisional Registration Number and Password will be sent. Candidates can reopen the saved data using provisional Registration Number and Password and edit the particulars, if needed. The facility will be available for three times in all. Once the application is filled completely, candidate should submit the data and pay fees to complete the registration process.
Instruction for Filling online Application
- Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at appropriate places very carefully and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the Online Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using only Master/ Visa Debit or Credit cards or Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen.
- After the upload of photograph and signature an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
- On successful completion of Registration, a Registration Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Registration Number and Password for future reference.
- If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then the following message is displayed ‘Your online transaction was unsuccessful. Please register again’ Candidates may then revisit the ‘Apply Online’ link and fill in their application details again.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and the submitted online application form.
- If e-receipt is not generated, the transaction may not have been completed. Candidates must ensure that e-receipt is generated
- In case of multiple registrations, only last registration will be kept valid.
After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They should not send this printout to the SIDBI.
|Category of Candidates||Application fee||Intimation Charges||Total Charges|
|SC/ST/PWD||Nil||Rs. 50/-||Rs. 50/-|
|Others (including OBCs and General||Rs. 450/-||Rs. 50/-||Rs. 500/-|
Nationality / Citizenship
A candidate must be either
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan refugee (who came over to India before Ist January 1962) with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malwi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Limit as on December 21, 2015
Not below 21 years and not exceeding 28 years.
Note: Candidates born not earlier than 22.12.1987 and not later than 21.12.1994 [both days including] are only eligible to apply.
Essential Educational Qualifications (As on January 11, 2016)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in any stream, in either of the two qualifications, from a recognized institute / University.
- Preference would be given to candidates possessing professional qualifications like CA, CS, ICWA, CFA, MBA, Engineering, and Diploma in Banking from a recognized Institute.
- Proficiency in computers is preferable.
Note: The Bank reserves the right to raise / modify the eligibility criteria in minimum educational qualification, percentage of marks and minimum post qualification work experience depending upon the response.
SIDBI Exam Pattern
SIDBI Recruitment Exam was held on January 24th, 2016 (Sunday).
The pattern of written examination is as under:
Online examination will be conducted online in various cities across India. Tentative cities where exam may be held are
|New Delhi/Delhi NCR||Dehradun||Noida/Greater Noida||Ghaziabad|
- Candidates have to indicate their preferred centre for online examination in the online application form.
- The examination will be conducted online in venues given in the respective call letters.
- No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for Examination shall be entertained.
- SIDBI, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response,
administrative feasibility, etc.
- SIDBI also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her owns risks and expenses and SIDBI will not be responsible for any
injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Choice of centre once exercised by the candidate will be final.
Interviews would be held at five centres viz. Chennai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and New Delhi. Candidates will have to indicate their preferred centre for interview in the online application form separately. However, Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination/Interview Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc. Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
The selection process for the post would be by way of an online examination followed by Personal Interview. Candidates who qualify based on the minimum cut-off marks decided by the Bank, would be called for interview. The pattern of written examination mention above.
All tests, except test of English Language and Descriptive Paper will be provided in English and Hindi. Test of English Language and Descriptive Paper will be only in English. All the objective questions will have multiple choices. Out of the five answers to a question only one will be the correct answer. The Candidate will have to select the most appropriate answer and ‘mouse click’ that alternative which you feel is appropriate/ correct. The alternative/ option that the candidate has clicked on will be treated as his/her answer to that question. There will be penalty for wrong answers marked by the candidates. For every wrong answer marked by a candidate, 1/4 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. The Scores of Online Examination will be obtained by adopting the following procedure:
- Number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the Corrected Score after applying penalty for wrong answers.
- The Corrected Scores so obtained by a candidate are made equivalent to take care of the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective tests held in different sessions to arrive at the Equated Scores* (*Scores obtained by candidates on any test are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.)
- Testwise scores and scores on total is reported with decimal points upto two digits.
Note: Cutoffs may be applied in two stages: (i) On scores in individual tests (ii) On Total Score
The total marks of the examination will be 250 which include 50 marks of the English Descriptive Section. Candidates will be shortlisted for Interview on the basis of marks scored in objective and descriptive section taken together against full marks of 250. Descriptive Test will only be evaluated for those candidates who qualify in the Objective type of tests (on total and individual sections of objective tests) and are placed adequately high as per total marks in the objective test. Descriptive test to the extent of fixed number of times the number of vacancies will be evaluated. The various qualifying cut off marks in each of the objective tests, total objective test and the descriptive paper will be decided by the Bank. Questions of Online descriptive test will be displayed on the screen of your computer. Answers are to be typed using the keyboard. Before start of typing answers to questions in Descriptive Paper please check all key functions of the keyboard.
SIDBI reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the SIDBI’s website www.sidbi.in.
Instruction to Candidates
- Before filling in the application form, the candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria with respect to age, educational qualification, work experience etc. as on 21 Dec 2015 and 11 Jan 2016 as the case may be in respect of the post for which he / she is making the application and that the particulars furnished in the application form are correct in all respects.
- Appointments of selected candidates will be subject to his / her being declared medically fit by Bank Medical Officer, satisfactory report about his / her character and antecedents by the Police Authorities, satisfactory report from his / her previous employer and referees, verification of caste / tribe and class certificate and completion of all other pre recruitment formalities to the complete satisfaction of the Bank. Further, such appointment shall also be subject to Service and Conduct Rules of the Bank.
- Printout of the online application form and any other document (in original or copy thereof) should not be sent to any office / branch of SIDBI.
- Candidates are cautioned that they should not furnish any particulars or information that are false, tampered/fabricated or should not suppress any material information while applying online. In case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility criteria for the post applied for and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after the appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
- The Bank reserves the right to raise / relax the minimum eligibility standard, etc., in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to commensurate with the number of vacancies. No separate communication / notification shall be issued in this regard.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the Application cum processing fee/postal charges once paid will not be refunded on any account nor would be held in reserve for any future examination or selection.
- The candidates will have to appear for the Pre-Recruitment Training / Online examination / Personal Interview at their own cost and risk. The Bank shall not be responsible for any injury / loss etc of any nature to any candidate.
- Candidates will have to appear for the interview at their own expense. However, eligible outstation SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities category candidates called for interview will be paid II AC class to & fro railway/ bus fare or actual expenses incurred, whichever is less, by shortest route on production of proof of travel (rail/ bus ticket etc.). The above concession will not be admissible to SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities category candidates who are already in service in Central / State Government, Corporations, Public Undertakings / Local Government, Institutions and Panchayats etc.
- Selected Candidates, who are already in service of Government / Quasi-Government organizations, Public Sector Banks / Undertakings, must produce a ‘proper relieving letter / discharge certificate in original’ form their present Employer at the time of reporting for duty, failing which they shall not be allowed to report for duty. Therefore, candidates, who are already in service of Government / Quasi-Government organizations, Public Sector Banks / Undertakings, may like to obtain prior permission / No objection certificate from their present employer before applying in SIDBI as per rules / regulations of their present employers in this regard.
- Only candidates willing to serve anywhere in India may apply.
- Candidates reporting late i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter for Examination will not be permitted to take the examination. The reporting time mentioned on the call letter is prior to the Start time of the test. Though the duration of the examination is 2 hours and 45 minutes, candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 4 hours including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions.
- Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and / or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Lucknow and Courts / Tribunals / Forums at Lucknow only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any clause / dispute.
- The Bank has the right to reject any application/ candidature at any stage without assigning any reason and the decision of the Bank shall be binding on the candidate.
For complete information of SIDBI Recruitment for Grade ‘A’ Officer – Download Information Brochure.