Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) Recruitment 2015 – Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited had released a notification for direct recruitment only through online mode for 375 Post in Tamil Nadu State. Candidates must have made sure that they are eligible before filling their application form. Candidates can check their eligibility, application process and other information on this page below.
Candidates can check the posts and vacancies details for Direct Recruitment for Assistant Engineer.
|Name of the Post||No. of Vacancies|
|Assistant Engineer (Electrical)||300|
|Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)||25|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||50|
Payscale: Rs.10,100 – 34,800 + Grade pay Rs. 5100 /- pm
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- The candidate on their selection will be placed on 3 months training and they shall be paid a consolidated pay of Rs.15,200/- p.m. and they should be prepared to serve anywhere in Tamil Nadu.
Schedule for the TANGEDCO Recruitment 2015 is given below.
|Last date for submission of applications||11 Jan 2016|
|Last date for payment of fee through Bank||18 Jan 2016|
|Date and time of written examination||31 Jan 2016|
TENGEDCO Result 2015
Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited has announced the result of Assistant Engineer for TENGEDCO Recruitment 2015-16. Candidates seeking for admission are advised to check their result on the official website of Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited or by a direct link which is given below.
TANGEDCO Recruitment 2015 Admit Card
The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates are available in the TANGEDCO‟s Website for downloading by candidates. No Hall Ticket will be sent by post. So, the candidates should download TANGEDCO Hall Ticket from the website ahead / before the scheduled date of examination.
- Admit Card process is over…!!!
TANGEDCO Recruitment 2015 Examination
The question paper for Written Examination will be of Objective type in OMR format of Engineering Degree Standard. For Electrical Engineering it will be in English and for Civil and Mechanical it will be in English as well as Tamil.
The Competitive Written Examination will be conducted as per “TANCET” norms by Centre for Entrance Examination/ Anna University, Chennai-25.
Exam Duration : 2 Hours
|Name of Centre||Centre Code||Name of Centre||Centre Code|
Note: The TANGEDCO reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of examination centres and to re-allot the candidates.
The Question paper will have three parts. Part I and Part II are compulsory and under Part III, the candidates have to answer the section which has been chosen at the time of registration. If a candidate appears for a different section, Part III will not be evaluated. The questions will be set at Under Graduate level.
The syllabus for Electrical/ Mechanical/ Civil are available in TANGEDCO website and candidates can also check the syllabus below.
- Click here to download Entrance Test Syllabus
(Notified on 14 Jan 2016) – Candidates who have applied for the post of Assistant Engineer/Electrical, Mechanical and Civil on or before the last date i.e 11 Jan 2016 through the online mode and could not able to pay the examination fee can now pay the Examination fee for Direct Recruitment upto 18 Jan 2016 through Canara Bank and Indian Bank.
Candidates can apply online for the TANGEDCO Recruitment 2015 for the 375 various posts on or before the last date of application mention above from the official website www.tangedco.gov.in. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other criteria before apply online application. Candidates can also apply online from the direct link provided below.
- Application process is over now..!!!
How to Apply?
- Candidate should apply only through Online in the TANGEDCO‟s Website www.tangedco.gov.in or from the direct link provided above.
- The candidate should use a valid e-mail id and a valid mobile number for registration in online application. This email id and mobile number must be maintained active, as all the communications to the candidates from TANGEDCO will be sent only to the registered email id and mobile number.
- The candidate must keep ready the details of Marks, Percentage/CPGA of Marks, Certificate Numbers, Year of Passing, Board/University details etc., in their hands before applying through online.
- Before applying, the candidates should have the following items to be ready in CD or DVD or Pen drive as per the convenience of the candidates.
- Scanned image of their photograph, signature and Thumb impression in jpeg format only with prescribed file size, resolution etc. The procedure for taking photograph, signature and Thumb impression are given with full details in the Guidelines to the candidates.
- Scanned copy of Community Certificate of the candidates belonging to BCO, BCM, MBC/DC, SC, SCA, ST. (Not applicable to OC candidates) in PDF format only.
- Scanned copy of Degree Certificate, Priority certificates, PSTM, Destitute widow Certificates etc., of the candidates (whichever is applicable) in PDF format only.
- Scanned copy of the certificate for Differently abled (if applicable) in PDF format only.
- OC, BCO, BCM, MBC / DC – Rs. 500/-
- SC, SCA, ST – Rs. 250/-
- Destitute widow and Differently abled persons – Rs.250/-
- Candidates have also to pay the service charges as applicable to the bank.
- The Examination Fees will not be reimbursed to the Applicant on account of any reason.
Educational Qualification (as on 28 Dec 2015)
Assistant Engineer (Electrical)
- A degree in EEE/ECE/EIE/CSE/IT Engineering OR
- A pass in AMIE (Sections A and B) under Electrical Engineering Branch
Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)
- A degree in Mechanical/ Production/ Industrial/ Manufacturing Engineering OR
- A pass in AMIE (Sections A and B) under Mechanical Engineering Branch
Assistant Engineer (Civil)
- A degree in Civil Engineering OR
- A pass in AMIE (Sections A and B) under Civil Engineering Branch
Provided that other things being equal, preference shall be given to those who have undergone one year graduate Apprenticeship Training under the erstwhile TNEB/ TANGEDCO/ TANTRANSCO.
- The qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies i.e. 10th + HSC/Diploma + U.G. degree as the case may be from any university or Institution, recognized by the University Grants commission or any of the Universities recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Knowledge of Tamil.
Age Limit (as on 01.07.2015)
|Category of Candidates||Min. Age||Max. Age|
|SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BCO, BCM and
Destitute Widows of all castes.
|18 years||No age limit|
|Others [i.e candidates not belonging to
SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BCO and BCM]
|18 years||30 years|
The Selection for Selection will be made in two successive stages.
- Written Examination in OMR format
Note : The selected candidates from the competitive written examination may be permitted to attend interview based on the ranking and as per rule of reservation in the ratio of 1:5.
After the written Examination, the selection will be finalized as below:
- Marks obtained in the competitive written examination to be worked out for – 85%
- For viva-voce interview in Technical, General & Managerial skills – 15%
The final selection shall be made based on the merit of the marks (Written examination + Viva-voce Interview) and as per Communal Roaster.
Instruction to Candidates
- Candidates should ensure their eligibility for examination: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying of the eligibility conditions. Mere issue of memo of admission to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been fully cleared by the TANGEDCO.
- The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the TANGEDCO‟s Website for downloading by candidates.
- Facilitation centre for guidance of candidates: In case of any guidance / information / clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact TANGEDCO office in person or over Telephone No. 044-28522256 on all working days between 10.30 a.m. and 05.00 p.m.
- Mobile Phones and other Articles are Banned in the Examination hall.
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission for Written EXAMINATION and interview will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. The certificates should be submitted when called for by the TANGEDCO. If on verification at any time before or after the written EXAMINATION and interview, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the TANGEDCO.
- Conduct in Examination Hall: No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create a disorderly scene in the Examination Hall or harass the staff employed by the TANGEDCO for the conduct of the examination. Any such misconduct will be severely viewed & penalised.
- The Online Application can be filled upto 11.01.2016 till 23.59 Hrs. after which the link will be disabled.
- For any additional information the candidates may refer the TANGEDCO‟s website www.tangedco.gov.in