Military Engineer Services (MES) MATE Recruitment 2016 – Applications were invited for appointment to different categories of Mates in Military Engineer Services (MES) from Indian Citizen as declared eligible by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence. All qualified and eligible candidates may apply by downloading the application from the official website on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised to opt only for such posts for which they are within prescribed age limits.
Certain vacancies are earmarked for filling through transfer/absorption from other Government Departments ete. Therefore the number of posts mentioned below are tentative and Department reserves the right to change the number of vacancies/scrap them at any time due to any reason, what so ever.
- The department reserves the right to change the No. of vacancies at any time and also to shortlist the No. of candidates for the test/interview.
- No. of posts as indicated is likely to change.
Schedule for the MES MATE Recruitment 2016 is given below.
|Last date of application form||13 Feb 2016|
|Last date for other state candidates||20 Feb 2016|
|Date of Examination||08 May 2016|
* Other state candidates – NE States, Ladakh division of J&K state, Lahaul & SPITI Dist and Pangi sub div of Chamba dist of HP, A&N Islands and Lakshadweep.
Result – Declared
Military Engineer Services (MES) MATE Recruitment Result has been announced. Based on the result of written examination held on 08 May 2016 for the post of Mate (SSK) in HQ 135 Wks Engrs, the candidates whose roll numbers are given below have provisionally qualified for verification of credentials as required before issuing final appointment letter to the selected candidates subject to compliance of laid down terms and conditions.
Candidates must apply in the application form published alongwith this advertisement and fill up all the columns in their own hand in block letters. Candidate may also apply on plain paper but the format should exactly be the same as published in the advertisement. Candidates can also download the application from the direct link provided below.
Instruction for filling application form
- Applications on formats other than the one indicated will be summarily rejected.
- If any wrong entries are made by the candidates in the application form, their applications shall be rejected and the Deptt will not be responsible for such rejection. No representation against such rejection will be entertained.
- Application filled in on the format used for previous recruitment or some other advertisement will not be considered. The candidates should further note that Application Form will not be supplied by the Dept.
- Applications on the prescribed format should be submitted alongwith the documents / certificates given below:-
- One self addressed envelopes of size 28 cm x 12 cm with postage stamp of Rs 60/- affixed on each envelope.
- Admit Card for Written Test. The admit card for written test shall be submitted in duplicate as per format duly affixed with self attested pass port size photograph in the spaces provided for and by duly filling Ser No 1 to 3, alongwith the application form. Mere submission of admit card does not imply or convey any assurance that the candidate will be called for the written test.
- Self/gazetted officer attested photocopies of educational qualification certificates, caste certificate and certificates in support of any claim / relaxation (wherever applicable) are to be enclosed with the application.
- Name of the post Mate (specify trade) alongwith category (URISC/ST IOBC/PH) must be clearly written in BLOCK CAPITAL letters on the top of envelope.
- Candidates whose applications are found to be complete in all respect along with all necessary documents and found eligible only will be called for written test.
- Candidates will not be entitled to any TA/DA for attending the written test & documents check.
- Applications received after last date due to postal delay or any other reason will be summarily rejected. The Recruiting Agency will not be responsible for any postal delay in respect of any communication.
|Post||Educational and other qualification||Post Code|
|Mate (Electrician)||Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized hoard.
Industrial training institute pass certificate from a recognized Institute In Electrician, Broad Based Basic Training Electric, Mechanical Auto Electrical and Electronics.
|Mate (Refrigerator Mechanic)||Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
Industrial training institute pass certificate from a recognized institute in Referigeration and Air conditioning.
|Mate (Fitter General Mechanic)||Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
Industrial training institute pass certificate from a recognized institute in Fitter, Fitter General, Welder.
|Mate (Vehicle Mechanic)||Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
Industrial training Institute pass certificate from a recognized institute in Mechanic (Moto/vehicle), Mechanic Diesel, Mechanic Tractor, Mechanic Repair & maintenance of light Vehicles, Driver-cum-Mechanic Light Vehicles, Broad Based Basic Training (Auto Mobiles).
|Mate (Pipe Fitter)||Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
Industrial training institute pass certificate from a recognized Institute in Plumber, Sanitary Hardware fitter.
|Mate (Carpenter)||Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
Industrial training institute pass certificate from a recognized Institute In Carpenter.
|Mate (Painter)||Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
Industrial training institute pass certificate from a recognized Institute in Painter General.
|Mate (Mason)||Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
Industrial training institute pass certificate from a recognrted institute in Mason (BC).
Age Limit : Age limit for general candidates will be 18 to 27 Years, The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be 10 November 2015 as mentioned in the advertisement uploaded on www.mes.gov.in vide this HQ letter No 41622/LRS/13-14/256/E1C(2) dated 17 Sep 2015.
Written examination was conducted on 08 May 2016. However, final date, time, venue is intimated in the call letter.
The written examination will consist of one Paper of maximum three hour duration.
- HQ 133 Works Engrs and HQ 134 Works Enqrs – Srinagar (J&K)
- HQ 135 Works Engrs – Akhnoor (J&K)
- HQ 138 Works Engrs – Leh (J&K)
- CWE Udhampur – Udhampur (J&K)
The syllabus for written examination will be of the minimum education standard prescribed for each category covering all the topics mentioned in their curriculum and also general topics.
Mode of Selection
All eligible candidates will have to appear for a written test. As per merit in the written test subject to a maximum of two times the vacancy will be called for documentation check. No electronic gadget/device like Mobile phones, calculators etc will be allowed in the written. The selection will be made in the following Stages:-
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination. Candidates who qualify will be recommended for appointment by the Recruiting Authority.
- Provided that SC, ST, OBC and PH (OH/HH) candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards along with candidates belonging to other communities, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such SC, ST, OBC and PH candidates will be accommodated against the general/unreserved vacancies as per their position in the overall Merit List. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible SCs, STs, OBCs and PH candidates which will thus comprise of SC, ST, OBC and PH candidates which will thus comprise of SC, ST, OBC and PH candidates who are lower in merit than the last general candidate on merit list of unreserved category but otherwise found suitable for appointment even by relaxed standard. A physically Handicapped category candidate who qualified on the basis of relaxed standard viz. Age limit, experience or qualification will be counted against reserved vacancies and not against general vacancies subject to fitness of such candidate for selection. Such candidate may also be recommended at the relaxed standards to the extent the number of vacancies reserved for them to make up for the deficiency in the reserved quota, irrespective of their rank in the order of merit.
- Success in the examination confers no right of appointment unless government is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects of appointment to the service/post.
For more detail of MES MATE Recruitment 2016 – Download Information Brochure.