Indian Navy Tradesman Recruitment 2016 – Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam invites applications in the prescribed format as give below from eligible Indian citizens for the post of Tradesman (Skilled) in the Pay band/Scale (PB-1) Rs. 5200-20200/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 1900/- as per the trade and vacancy position given below. Candidates can check the detail of application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Due to administrative reasons, the schedule of Certificate verification and Medical examination has been POSTPONED. Fresh schedule for process of recruitment will be intimated on the Indian Navy website soon.
Tradesman (Skilled) (Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial, Industrial) Pay Band/Scale (PB-1) Rs. 5200-20200/- with Grade Pay Rs.1900/-
|Apprentice Feeder Trade||No. of Posts|
|Machinist / Turner||77|
|Plumber / Pipe Fitter||54|
|Ref & AC Mech||64|
|Moulder / Foundry Man||9|
|Blacksmith / FHT||12|
|Plater / Sheet Metal worker||84|
|Millwright / MMTM||14|
Selected / Reserve Candidates
This Select and Reserve lists have been uploaded in the Indian Navy Website www.indiannavy.nic.in. The schedule for certificate verification followed by medical examinations for Select List candidates is given below. Individual call letters are also being posted. Candidates placed in the Reserve List will be issued individual call letters subject to non- reporting of Select List Candidates.
Check List of Selected / Reserve Candidates here
- Click here to view list of Selected / Reserve candidates
The selection and appointment of the candidates placed in the select list mentioned above is subject to following
- Fulfilment of Age, Educational Qualifications, National Apprentice Certificate (NAC) in the relevant Feeder Trade issued by NCVT, Certificate in support of Social Status etc.
- Medical Examinations and Fitness.
- Verification of original certificates like educational, caste, PWD, Sports Certificate, Discharge Book & equivalent certificate in case of Ex-Serviceman etc., as applicable.
- Verification of Character and Antecedents.
- Final outcome of Court cases currently pending at Hon’ble Central Administrative Tribunal, Hyderabad.
The selected candidates are to bring along with them the following Original documents for further recruitment formalities like Certificate verification followed by Medical Examination, etc.
- Educational qualification certificates.
- NAC issued by NCVT in the relevant Feeder Trade.
- Latest Caste Certificate and PWD certificate as applicable.
- Discharge Book in the case of ex-Servicemen.
- Acceptance certificate of Resignation/ Technical Resignation issued by competent authority for Departmental candidates.
- Photo Identity proof submitted at the time of Written Examination.
- Xerox copy of the originally filled in Application while applying for the post in response to the Notification.
- Call letter issued by ND (V) for attending the written examination.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card and Aadhar Card.
- Ten (10) latest passport size colour photographs.
Check the complete notice about the Indian Navy Tradesman Selected / Reserve Candidate list HERE
Candidates can download and fill their application for Indian Navy Tradesman Recruitment 2016 on or before the last date of application. The last date of application is 30 days of publication of this Advertisement in the Employment News. Candidates can download the application from the link given below.
- Application Process is now over..!!
Applications duly completed, are required to reach the Admiral Superintendent (for Manager (Personnel), Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam – 530 014 within 30 days of publication of this Advertisement in the Employment News. The last date for receipt of applications from candidates residing in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Laddakh Division of Jammu & Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District, Punji Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep Islands is seven days thereafter. The first date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News will be taken into account for calculation of 30 and additional 07 days as applicable, respectively.
It is mandatory that the envelope containing the application should be clearly superscribed in BOLD letters with the notation “Application for the Post of (indicate Post/Trade) Tradesman (Skilled)” and also the category for which they applied for viz UR/OBC/SC/ST/PWD/EX-SER/Sports. Applications without these notations will be summarily rejected.
Instruction to Candidates while filling application form
- Applicants found overaged on the last day of receipt of applications as per advertisement.
- Incomplete applications.
- Overwriting/cuttings/corrections/incorrect information according to enclosures.
- Photographs not affixed.
- Xerox copies of educational certificates (viz. educational certificates, caste certificate, NAC, PHC certificate, etc.) not found enclosed and self attested.
Document required along with Application Form
Application should be accompanied by Xerox copies of the documents listed below, duly self-attested with name and date. No original certificates are to be forwarded along with the application form.
- SSC/10th marks list towards proof of date of birth and qualification.
- National Apprentice Certificate (NAC) in the relevant trade issued by National Council for Vocational and Training (NCVT).
- Latest caste certificate (OBC/SC/ST) for reserved category candidates including Creamy layer status in respect of OBC candidates.
- Latest Disability certificate (PHC) for persons with disabilities.
- In case of Ex-Servicemen, Discharge Book and Experience certificate in the relevant trade.
- Candidates working in Government departments are to forward their applications through proper channel only, before the due date for receipt of application along with No Objection Certificate issued by concerned authority.
- Sportsmen are to submit the relevant sports certificate stating their representation at International/ National or State level along with relevant Form for claiming relaxation and consideration against Sports quota.
- Two latest passport size color photographs (self-attested).
- Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Institute or Board with knowledge of English.
- Should have completed Apprenticeship training in the relevant feeder trade and should be in possession of trade National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) issued by the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT).
- For ex-Servicemen, Mechanic or equivalent with two years regular service in the appropriate Technical Branch of the Army, Navy and Air force.
Age for Direct Recruitment/ Age Relaxations
Between 18 and 25 Years, applicable to both direct recruits and Ex-Naval apprentices with relaxation as under:-
- Relaxable for Government servants upto thirty five years and 05 years more for SC/ST candidates in accordance with instructions or orders issued by Central Government from time to time.
- Relaxable by 03 years for OBC, 05 years for SC/ST and 10 years for PHC candidates against reserved vacancies.
- Relaxable to apprentices to the extent of the period for which the apprentices had undergone training.
- Relaxable by 05 years for Sportsmen and 05 years more for SC/ST candidates.
- Relaxable upto 35 years and 05 years more for SC/ST candidates for widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried.
- For Ex-Servicemen, Period of Military service plus 03 years.
Note: The age limit will be calculated as on the closing date for submission of applications.
- Reservations are applicable as per existing Govt. Rules issued from time to time. The reservation percentages presently considered are SC – 15 %, ST – 7 ½ % and OBC – 27 %.
- OBC candidates belonging to castes specified under Central list would only be eligible for reservation under OBC category; Others will be treated as UR candidates. The existing government regulations regarding creamy layer in OBCs shall also be applicable.
- Horizontal Reservations of 10% for Ex-Servicemen, 03% for Persons with Disability [PWD) (01% Orthopedically Handicapped (OH), 01% Visually Handicapped (VH) and 01% Hearing Handicapped (HH)] and 05% for Sportsmen are applicable for the above posts. the candidates selected for appointment will be placed against the category to which they belong.
- Reservation of persons with disability of 40% and above in OH, VH and HH will only be considered.
- Reservation under Sports reservation will be considered for Applicants as per following Criteria:
- Represented State/ Country /University/ State School Team in the National or International level.
- Sportsmen who have been awarded National Awards in Physically Efficiency under the National Physically Efficiency Drive.
Mode of Selection
Posts will be filled by Direct Recruitment of Apprentices through selection of candidates holding National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) in the relevant trade issued by the National Council of Vocational Training(NCVT).
Merely fulfilling the basic selection criteria does not automatically entitle a person/ applicant to be called for the Written Test. If the numbers of applications received are too large in proposition to the vacancies, the Appointing Authority reserves the right to shortlist the applications, as deemed appropriate and only the shortlisted candidates will then be called for the written test.
Eligible candidates called for written test are required to appear for the written examination. The Question Paper for written examination will consist of 100 objective type questions from Technical Trade Subject, based on the syllabus of the training for Apprenticeship, General Knowledge and General English (as per 10th standard syllabus). The breakdown of Marks for each of these subjects is as below: –
- Technical Trade Subject – 60 marks
- General English – 20 marks
- General Knowledge – 20 marks
Merit list will be prepared strictly based on the merit position as per marks obtained in the written examination.
Other qualifications being equal, preference will be given to ex-apprentices of Dockyard Apprentice Schools of Indian Navy.
Selected Candidates will be called for verification of original certificates and undergo Medical Examination as per the merit list till vacancies are filled up.
Important Instruction to Candidates
- The eligibility in respect of age, educational qualification, reservation category, etc., will be determined as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
- Mere appearance/Qualifying in the written examination does not confer any right on the candidate to claim for appointment unless he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria as given above.
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned in the advertisement. Furnishing of wrong/false information will lead to disqualification and this Naval Dockyard (V) will not be responsible for any consequence of furnishing of such wrong/ false information.
- All eligible candidates are required to attend the written examination to be conducted at Visakhapatnam in English language only. Call letters for written examination will be issued to eligible candidates post scrutiny of applications.
- The vacancies are subject to change and vacancies upto the date of declaration of final result of the written test will be considered at the discretion of Admiral Superintendent, ND(V). The Admiral Superintendent, ND (V) also has the right to cancel the advertisement/ recruitment at any stage due to administrative reasons.
- The Candidates are required to fill up the application in English language only as per the prescribed format and forward the original application along with relevant self attested certificates to “The Admiral Superintendent, (for Manager Personnel) Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam – 530014” only by registered/speed post, duly affixing recent passport size color photograph (selfattested) in the given space of application. Candidates are advised to retain a Xerox copy of duly filled application form and postal receipt of register/ speed post till completion of the recruitment process. Naval Dockyard (V) is not responsible for any postal delay in receipt of application or its loss.
- Un-employed SC/ST candidates are entitled for 2nd class rail/bus fare by shortest route as per Govt. rules and the same will be reimbursed at the venue of written examination on submission of tickets along with un-employment certificate (issued by Gazetted Officer).
- The SC/ST candidates should enclose latest copy of caste certificate duly self attested for claiming age/other relaxation and produce original certificate on demand. OBC candidates are required to submit latest ‘creamy layer’ certificate issued by the Competent Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar/ Mandal Revenue Officer/ Revenue Divisional Officer as prescribed vide OM No. 36012/22/93 – Estt (SCT) dated 08 Sep 93 as amended vide OM No. 36033/3/2004/Estt(Res) dated 09 Mar 2004.
- The candidates who have applied for selective trades in the order of preference will be considered for any of the trades from their basic feeder trade to the extent of availability of vacancies.
- Applicants who are in government service should apply only through proper channel along with NOC.
- Candidates are liable for All India Service Liability and to serve in ND(V)/NRW/SSS and in any Naval Unit within Eastern Naval Command including Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Recruited individuals will have to work onboard Nuclear Platforms, wherever necessary. Towards this, candidates when selected are to submit an undertaking to this affect at the time of appointment.
- The filling up of vacancies is subject to the outcome of Hon’ble CAT/Court cases, if any, pending in the Hon’ble courts.
- Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any, information provided by the candidate is found false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- Candidates without call letters will not be allowed to appear in the written examination.
For more detail of Indian Navy Tradesman Recruitment 2016 – Download Information Brochure.