National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) has invited application for recruitment of Graduate Engineers through GATE 2015. NALCO is looking for committed, promising and competent young Graduate Engineers with brilliant academic career to join the organization as Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Metallurgy, Chemical, Civil and Mining as per details given below. Candidates who are interested and eligible can apply online from here and get the details of application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest Update – List of candidates shortlisted for GD / PI has been released. Check below.
Vacancy exists for 50 number of posts as indicated below :
- Mechanical – 18
- Electrical – 17
- Electronics – 01
- Instrumentation – 01
- Metallurgy – 03
- Civil – 03
- Mining – 01
- Chemical – 06
Schedule for the NALCO Recruitment through GATE 2015 is given below.
|Opening of online submission of application||4th Jan 2016|
|Last date of submission of online application||10th Feb 2016|
NALCO has released the list of shortlisted candidates for the NALCO Recruitment through GATE 2015. The candidates who have applied for the NALCO Recruitment can check the list of shortlisted candidates using the direct link provided below.
Check Shortlisted candidates for NALCO Recruitment
- Click here to view the list
The selected candidates are required to attend the Personal Interview from 09 – 13 May 2016
The candidates shall apply online indicating their GATE 2015 registration number in the career section of NALCO website (www.nalcoindia.com) as per schedule date mention above. Application without valid GATE 2015 registration number will be rejected. Candidates should click on the online application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the online application form giving accurate information. Candidates can also applying online from the direct link will be provided below.
- Apply Online – Application Process is over..!!
The candidates need to ensure that the GATE 2015 registration number, which is mentioned in the GATE 2015 admit card, is filled up correctly. Name should also be filled up as appearing in GATE 2015 admit card. No request with respect to the change in any data entered by the candidate will be entertained once the online application is submitted successfully. On successful submission, a unique application number will be allotted to the candidates and the same has to be referred for future correspondences.
Instruction for filling Online Application
- While applying online, candidate needs to upload the scanned copy of their recent passport size colour photograph, GATE 2015 admit card, signature which are identical to that have submitted along with GATE 2015 application and prescribed qualification/mark sheet as per the requisite qualification.
- Candidates should ensure that the relevant details i.e. name, date of birth, address, etc. entered in NALCO online application should be same as entered in the GATE 2015 application.
- In case the candidate is called for personal interview, he/she will be required to produce his/her original GATE 2015 admit card and GATE 2015 official score card for verification and other relevant documents which will be communicated through personal interview call letter.
- A candidate can apply for one post/discipline only. Candidates applying for more than one post/ discipline will not be considered.
Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with not less than 65% marks in aggregate for Unreserved(UR) & Other Backward Class (OBC) and 55% of marks for SC/ST/PWD category taking average of all the semesters/years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the institute/University. (The total maximum marks and total marks obtained for all years/semesters will be summed up to arrive at aggregate percentage. No rounding off will be done and no weightage will be given to any particular semester or year).
All qualifications must be from recognised Govt. Universities/Institutions, UGC recognised Universities and institutes/UGC recognised Indian deemed Universities or AICTE approved courses from autonomous institutes/concerned statutory council (wherever applicable).
Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade in Degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the online application form as per norms adopted by the University/ Institute. The candidate is required to submit a certificate to this effect from the University/ Institute during the time of personal interview.
A candidate with full time prescribed degree for the disciplines as given below can only apply for the post of Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the respective discipline.
|Discipline||Prescribed full time degree in Engineering|
|Chemical||Chemical Engineering/M.Tech in Applied Chemistry|
|Civil||Civil/ Architecture/Ceramics Engineering|
|Mining||Mining Engineering/equivalent Diploma in Mining Engineering with First class|
|Metalliferous||Mines Manaoer’s certificate of competency.|
Age Limit: Upper Age limit is 30 years as on 04.01.2016 i.e. candidates born before 04.01.1986 need not apply.
The candidates seeking employment in NALCO need to be medically fit as per NALCO’s norms and standards for medical fitness. The selected candidates will have to undergo medical examination by Company’s identified hospitals/diagnostic centres in Bhubaneswar. On receipt of the medical report, the Authorized Medical Officer will declare the candidate fit or unfit or temporarily unfit on the basis of medical standards laid down under the NALCO Medical Examination Rules.
Reservation and Relaxations
For the purpose of reservation, the distribution of 50 posts of GETs will be Unreserved(UR)- 25, Scheduled Castes (SC)-07, Scheduled Tribes (ST)-06 and Other Backward Class (OBC)-12.
15 posts are reserved for PWD [OH (06), VH (01) and HH (08)] as per Govt. of India directives including backlog vacancies. The posts are identified for Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Chemical and Civil as and where applicable as against horizontal reservation as per the Govt. guidelines.
- Reservations/relaxations for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) candidates as per Government guidelines are applicable. In case of increase or decrease in the number of total posts, the number of reserved category posts will vary in accordance to the Govt. guidelines.
- PWD candidates would be required to furnish valid disability certificate duly stamped and signed by a medical panel empowered for the purpose and should comprise of 3 medical practitioners of Govt. hospital or medical board attached to Special Employment Exchange for the handicapped.
- Appointment to some of the vacancies will be offered to the PWD candidates after considering the nature of duties and responsibilities of the assignment, location, etc. and also considering that the disability is not likely to interfere with the performance and without possible deterioration of his/her health. However, the final appointment and placement would be based on candidate’s medical fitness with respect to the job of the identified posts.
- Category SC/ST/OBC/PWD once filled in the on line application form will not be changed. The reserved category candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in the prescribed format of Government of India, issued by the Competent Authority, at the time of personal interview, if called for.
- If the SC/ST/OBC/PWD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-attested translated copy of the same either in English or in Hindi.
- The OBC candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled for concession admissible to OBC category and such candidates have to indicate their category as Unreserved (UR). The OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, from a Competent Authority issued in the current year. The name of the caste and community indicated in the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate must appear in the Central list of Other Backward Classes. Further, OBC candidates will have to give a self-undertaking indicating that they belong to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category also at the time of personal interview, if called for.
- The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), 10 years for PWD-Un-reserved (UR), 13 years for PWD-OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and 15 years for PWD-SC/ST candidates.
- Relaxation of five years in age will be extended to the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989. Ex-Servicemen and children/family members of those who died in the riots of 1984 will get relaxation as per directives of Govt. of India.
- The departmental candidates will also be required to have valid score in the corresponding papers of GATE 2015. There is no upper age limit and minimum percentage of marks in requisite qualification for the said candidates. However, trainees working in NALCO shall not be considered as departmental candidate. The departmental candidates may refer to the internal circular for other details.
NALCO will be utilizing Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2015 scores (GATE 2015 scores) for recruitment of Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the above disciplines. Only GATE 2015 score is valid for this recruitment process. Based on the GATE-2015 score and organization requirement, candidates will be short listed for the personal interview.
The candidates will be eligible to apply for the position of GETs in the above discipline in NALCO provided they have appeared in GATE 2015 in one of the following relevant GATE paper as detailed below:
advertised by NALCO
GATE 2015 paper
GATE 2015 paper code
* Candidates having engineering degree in a branch/discipline other than as specified above are not eligible to apply.
Based on the valid score of GATE 2015 and organisational requirement, candidates will be short listed on merit for the personal interview for the positions of Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the above disciplines. The score is valid only if the candidate obtains more than or equal to the qualifying marks as fixed for the above papers by GATE 2015. The qualifying marks for GATE examination shall be as per the criteria adopted by the conducting authority of GATE-2015 examination.
Instruction to Candidates
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- The candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other conditions as mentioned in this advertisement as well as in the career section of NALCO website www.nalcoindia.com.
- The candidates should ensure that they fill up all the eligibility criteria and other conditions mentioned in this advertisement and that the particulars furnished by them in the online applications are correct in all respect. Mere submission of online application successfully does not imply that the Company (NALCO) has been satisfied about the candidate’s eligibility. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment/selection/even after appointment that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature/ appointment will automatically stand cancelled, as the candidature/appointment would be deemed to be void ab initio.
- There is no separate fee for applying for the post of Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the above disciplines in NALCO.
- The e-mail id entered in the online application form must remain valid for one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only. NALCO will not be responsible for any loss/non-delivery of e-mail/any other communication sent, due to invalid/ wrong id or due to any other reason.
- No manual I paper application will be entertained.
- Candidates presently employed in Central Govt/State Govt./PSUs/ Autonomous bodies must submit “No Objection Certificate” from their present employer at the time of personal interview failing which they will not be allowed to appear the personal interview.
- NALCO reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards. The management reserves the right to fill or not to fill or partly fill any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. NALCO also reserves the right to cancel/restrict/modify/alter the recruitment process, if need arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Canvassing by a candidate in any form shall disqualify his/her candidature.
- Candidates are advised to visit the career section of NALCO website www.nalcoindia.com regularly for latest updates as no separate communication will be sent.
- Any dispute with regard to recruitment against the said recruitment will be settled within the jurisdiction of Bhubaneswar only.