Cabinet Secretariat has released the notification for direct recruitment on the basis of of valid GATE Marks for 08 posts in Cabinet Secretariat. Applications for Cabinet Secretariat Recruitment 2017 for post of Senior Research Officer (Science & Technology) and Senior Field Officer (Telecommunication) will be available after the announcement of GATE 2017 Result.
Cabinet Secretariat Recruitment 2017
The Application for 08 different vacancies listed below can be filled by candidates as per schedule mention below. Candidates can apply online on or before the last date of application. The Number of vacancies mention above may increase or decrease for filling up, as per requirement. The venue of the exam will be intimated through call letter/admit card before the examination. Candidates can check the complete details of application process, eligibility criteria and other important information on this page below.
|Name of the Posts||No.of Posts|
|Senior Research Officer (Science & Technology)
Group ‘A’ (Gazetted)
|Senior Field Officer (Telecommunication)
Group ‘A’ (Gazetted)
- The post also carries a special allowance of 15% of the basic pay.
Schedule for the Cabinet Secretariat Recruitment 2017 is given below.
|Online Registration for GATE 2017 shall commence||01 Sept 2016|
|Online Application for Cabinet Secretariat available||after declaration of the result of GATE 2017|
GATE 2017 is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. IISC is conducting GATE 2017 on an all India Level. Candidates who wish to apply for Cabinet Secretariat vacancies will be appeared in GATE Exam 2017. Application for Cabinet Secretariat will be issued after the GATE Result 2017. Candidates can check the GATE Exam detail from here.
Click here for Complete detail of GATE Exam
Application Form 2017
Candidates can apply for Cabinet Secretariat Recruitment 201 for various posts from the official website. Interested and Eligible candidates will have to appear in the GATE Exam 2017 first after that the application for said vacancies application will be available after the GATE 2017 Result.
For Senior Research Officer (Science & Technology) Post
- Master’s degree in Physics or Chemistry
- Doctorate Degree in Science
- Possessing knowledge of French or German or Chinese Language
For Senior Field Officer (Telecommunication) Post
- Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognised University in Telecommunication or Electronics or equivalent; or passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers (India) or Associate Membership Examination of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers.
- Not exceeding 35 years
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions of educational qualification, age etc and having minimum 50% marks in GATE in one of the following subject papers with a valid GATE score card as on the closing date of receipt of application, will be eligible to apply for the under-mentioned posts.
|Name of the Post||Subject paper in GATE|
|Senior Research Officer (Science & Technology)||Physics (PH)|
|Senior Field Officer (Telecommunication)||Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)|
- Interested & eligible candidates desirous to apply for the above posts may appear for one of the above mentioned subject paper of GATE 2017.
- The candidate must have a valid GATE Score Card as on the last date of receipt of applications irrespective of the year of GATE exam in which they appeared.
The selection for direct recruitment to these posts will be based on the valid GATE marks out of 100 and personal interview carrying 25 marks respectively. A candidates has to secure a minimum qualifying marks of 40% in Personal interview.
Scrutiny of Application and Shortlisting of Eligible candidates for Interview
All the applications received in response to the recruitment notification will be scruitnised as per eligibility criteria. Thereafter, all eligibile candidates will be arranged in the order of merit according to marks secured in GATE Exam. Out of eligible candidates, only five times the number of vacancies will be called for personal interview, according to merit.
Instruction to Candidates
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for the above posts.
- Candidates should posses the prescribed eligibility condition of educational qualification, age, valid GATE score card in the requisite subject paper etc as on the closing date, which will be mentioned in detailed advertisement to be published after declaration of the GATE 2017 results.
- A candidate can apply for more than one post subject to his/her fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
- Medical Standard of the candidates would be as per the Central Govt guidelines applicable to Group A posts.
For Official Notification – Click here.