West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (WBSETCL), a Govt. of West Bengal Enterprise and the State Transmission utility (STU) of West Bengal has released online application from the eligible Indian Nations to fill-up the following post with their vacancy.
Latest Update – WBSETCL 2016 Interview Call Letters for various posts are now available. Download the Call Letter below.
Total Number of Posts – 421
WBSETCL Recruitment 2016
Those applicants who have completed given eligibility condition they can apply application form through the online mode from the official website. Selection will be made on the basis of performance in Written test and Interview for all posts. The Written Test / Interview /Computer Proficiency Test /Stenography Test shall be held in Kolkata only.
Revised Schedule for the WBSETCL Recruitment 2016 is given below.
|Commencement of online registration of applications by candidates||29 Jan 2016|
|Last date for submission of online applications||07 Mar 2016|
|Last date of updating Application Fees details||09 Mar 2016|
|Last Date of Deposition of Application Fees through SBI||09 Mar 2016|
|Date of Written Test||27 Mar 2016|
Interview Call Letter – Available
After the declaration of WBSETCL Result 2016, the candidates who were declared as qualified are now required to appear for the Interview. The list of candidates called for Interview along with the date and venue for the various posts has been published. Also, the Interview Call Letter has been issued. Candidate can get the list / Call Letter from the official website of WBSETCL or by using the direct link below.
Download Interview Call Letter 2016 here
- Click here and enter registration no. & DoB – For Office Exec. & Steno
- Click here and enter registration no. & DoB
List of candidates called for Interview with Date & Time
- Office Executive – New!
- Stenographer – New!
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical)
- Assistant Manager (HR&A)
- Jr. Executive (F&A)
- Jr. Executive (Store)
- Jr. Engineer (E) Gr.-II
- Technician Gr.-III
Computer Proficiency / Stenography Test Admit Card 2016 – Available
After the declaration of WBSETCL Result 2016, the candidates who were declared as qualified are now required to appear for the Computer Proficiency Test. The list of candidates called for CPT along with the date and venue for the CPT for Officer Executive & Stenographer has been published. Also the Admit card has been issued. Candidate can get the list / Admit Card from the official website of WBSETCL or by using the direct link below.
Download CPT / Stenography Test Admit Card 2016 here
- Click here to enter registration no. & DoB
Note : No separate Admit Card will be sent by Post. No Candidates will be allowed without Admit Card.
List of candidates called for CPT / Stenography Test
WBSETCL Result 2016 – Announced!
WBSETCL has published the list of candidates called for interview having found qualified in written test held on 27 Mar 2016 for various Posts. Separate Merit List is prepared for each of the posts. The candidates can check the list of selected candidates on the official website of WBSETCL or by using the direct link as provided below.
Check WBSETCL Written Test Result 2016 here
Note : All candidates are requested to visit our website regularly to know the date & time of the Interview and also to download their Admit Card.
WBSETCL Answer Key 2016
West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (WBSETCL) has published the answer key of Written test. Earlier test was held on 27 Mar 2016. Now candidates can check the answer key for the same through the link provided below.
Get WBSETCL Answer Key 2016 here:-
WBSETCL Admit Card 2016
West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (WBSETCL) had released the admit card for Written Test. Candidates can download their admit card by entering “Registration Number” & “Date of birth” from the official website as per the schedule given above.
- Admit card process is over…!!!
WBSETCL Application Form 2016
- Application process is over…!!!
Eligible candidates will be required to apply online only for WBSETCL Recruitment for various posts (on the internet) through the link ‘Registration Online’ or from the official website www.wbsetcl.in. No other mode of application shall be accepted. Candidates are advised apply online before the last date of application as per schedule mention above and also must ensure their eligibility and other criteria before applying online.
- Log In
- Forget Password
- General, OBC-A/B & Ex-Serviceman(UR / OBC-A & B) candidates are required to apply paying nonrefundable Application Fee of Rs. 400/- (Rupees Four Hundred only) for the post under Post Code 1 to 4 and
- Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty only) for posts under Post Code 5 to 10. SC / ST candidates are exempted from deposition of Application Fees.
- PWD candidates who intend to apply for the posts under Post Code 5 to 8 are exempted from deposition of Application Fees.
- All applicable commission levied by the banker is to be remitted by the candidate.
Mode of Payment
Candidates can pay the application fee in online or offline mode.
- Candidates upon clicking on “Click here for Payment of Application Fee” they shall be directed to SBI Collect facility, as required, using which eligible candidates can make payment of application fees through (a) Debit Card(s)/ Credit Card (s) / Internet Banking of all domestic banks & financial institution (b) Bank Challan on clicking on SBI Branch option.
- Upon successfully submission of the application fee online e-receipt will be generated containing a unique 10 digit Payment Reference no starting with [DUXXXXXXXX] which is to be recorded by the candidate for future reference. Candidates upon clicking on “SBI Branch Option” a two part challan will be generated and candidates have to take a print out of the challan and visit any branch of SBI for deposition of cash. The system generated Challan is to be used for depositing money in cash at any SBI branch up to 09 Mar 2016.
- In case of OFFLINE payment i.e through Challan, upon successful cash deposition at any SBI branch a unique 10digit Payment Reference no starting with [DUXXXXXXXX] will be generated which is to be recorded by the candidate for future reference.
- The candidate has to return to the WBSETCL Careers website and re-login (maximum 48 hours required for system to update payment details) to input the Payment Reference no of payment transaction and generate ones‟ Application Slip. A maximum of 48 hours is required for the payment transaction details to be updated on the WBSETCL server.
How to Apply
- Before registering / submitting applications on the website, the candidates should possess a valid:
- E-mail ID
- Mobile number
- Scanned copy of recent passport size colored photograph (not more than 50KB size) of the candidate / scribe as applicable, and scanned signature (not more than 20KB size) of the candidate as applicable.
- Category (General/SC/ST/OBC-A&B/PWD/EXSM/EC/MSP) as submitted in the application cannot be changed thereafter and no benefit of other category reservation will subsequently be made admissible at any stage of the selection process. Category as mentioned at the time of submission shall remain unaltered during the recruitment process.
- Verify eligibility criteria against the position for which application is being made and then proceed to payment for submission of application fees, if any, through Online mode or Offline mode as per instruction above.
- The candidate after making payment of application fee as indicated above, they must further re-login at the Career portal with their respective Payment Reference No. after 48 hrs of deposition of application fee (i.e., upon updating of payment records on WBSETCL server from SBI within maximum time of 48 hrs) to download their system generated Application Slip.
- Candidates are required to download and retain a copy of the system generated Application Slip capturing essential details as provided by the candidate for future reference.
- Candidates must write their name as it appears in the educational certificate of Secondary or equivalent examination. In case of change of name at a later stage necessary legally accepted documentary proof is to be submitted at the time of interview.
- Candidates are not required to send any document in support of their application or for appearing in the written test. However, candidates shortlisted for interview would be required to furnish documents regarding proof of Date of Birth, Qualification, Caste/Category, PWD, Ex-Serviceman status, Application slip, copy of payment details etc. at the time of interview, as per intimation to be given to the shortlisted candidates
- All correspondence with candidates shall be done through E-mail / Mobile only. All information regarding examination schedule / download of Admit Card / Interview Call letters, etc. shall be provided through E-mail and through the WBSETCL website only. No hard copy mailing of Admit Card / Interview Call letters shall be done by the WBSETCL. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of Admit Card / Call Letter shall be that of the candidate. The WBSETCL will not be responsible for any loss of e-mail sent due to invalid / wrong E-mail ID provided by the candidate or delivery of e-mails to SPAM / BULK mail folder etc.
|Name of the Post||Eligibility Criteria|
|Assistant Engineer (E)||Full time 4 years B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engineering) Degree in Electrical Engineering /Electrical & Electronics / Power Engineering / B.Sc (H) in Physics with 3 years B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University / Institute approved by AICTE / IITs.|
|Assistant Manager (HR & A)||Graduate in any discipline and MBA (2 years full time course) / MPM (2 years full time course) /MHRM (2 years full time course) with major specialization in Personnel Management / H.R. or Post Graduate full time Degree / Diploma (2 years course) with specialization in Personnel Management / H.R. from a recognized University /reputed Institute approved by AICTE / IIMs / XLRI / IITB Schools.|
|Assistant Manager (F & A)||Graduate in any discipline and passed Final Examination from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India or MBA (2 years full time) with major specialization in Finance from a recognized University / reputed Institute duly approved by AICTE / IIMs / XLRI / IITB Schools.|
|Assistant Manager (Corporation communication)||Graduate in any discipline plus 2 years full time Post Graduate Degree in Public Relations / Journalism / Mass Communication from any University recognized by UGC/ One year full time PG Diploma in Mass Communications / Public Relations / Journalism from Indian Institute of Mass Communication.|
|Jr. Executive (F & A)||Graduate in any discipline from a “UGC” recognized university with Inter CA/ICWA/1(one) year PG Diploma in Finance & Accounts or any higher Qualification in Finance & Accounts with duration at least one year from any University recognized by UGC/Institute approved by AICTE.|
|Jr. Executive (Store)||Graduate in any discipline from a “UGC” recognized university with
|Stenographer||Passed Graduation with 40% marks and proficiency in English language with minimum speed of 80 words per minute in short hand. Proficiency in operating of MS Office|
|Office Executive||Graduation in any Discipline with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University or Graduation in any Discipline with minimum 50% marks in H. S. level and
Must have passed certificate course / any other courses on computer from the Institute indicated below:
3 years full-time Bachelor Degree in Computer Application (BCA) OR
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (BBA) OR
Bachelor Degree in Science with Honours with Statistics OR
Bachelor Degree in any stream with Computer Application / Computer Science as a pass subject with 50% in aggregate from a recognized University OR
50% in HS with 3 years full-time Degree in the Bachelor level with the subjects indicated in the foregoing lines of this provision.
|Jr. Engineer (E) Gr- II||Passed Full time 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized Institute / College duly recognized by W.B. State Council of Tech. Education.|
|Technician Gr – III||Madhyamik or equivalent plus Trade Certificate under NCTVT from any Govt. ITI under Director of Industrial Training, Govt. of West Bengal in the trade of Wireman / Electrician.|
Minimum 18 years and maximum 27 years as on 01.01.2016. Age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC-A/B candidates will be 5 years and 3 years respectively. Ex-Serviceman candidate will get age relaxation according to rules.SC / ST / OBC-A &B candidates from the states other than West Bengal shall be treated as General Candidate. PWD candidates will get Age relaxation up to 45 years of age. The limits of date of birth for applying are mentioned below:
|Lower limit of Date of birth (born on or before)||Upper limit of date of birth (born on or after)|
|01 Jan 1998||01 Jan 1989||01 Jan 1984||01 Jan 1986||01 Jan 1971|
|S.no||Name of the Post||No. of Post||Pay Scale|
|1||Assistant Engineer (E)||26||(PB-4 Rs. 15600/- – Rs. 39100/-& Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-)|
|2||Assistant Manager (HR & A)||02||(PB-4 Rs. 15600/- – Rs. 39100/-& Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-)|
|3||Assistant Manager (F & A)||06||(PB-4 Rs. 15600/- – Rs. 39100/- & Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-)|
|01||(PB-4 Rs. 15600/- – Rs. 39100/- & Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-)|
|5||Jr. Executive (F & A)||07||(PB-3 Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/-& Grade Pay of Rs. 4700/-)|
|6||Jr. Executive (Store)||22||(PB-3 Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/-& Grade Pay of Rs. 4700/-)|
|7||Stenographer||28||(PB-2 Rs. 6300/- – 20200/-& Grade Pay of Rs. 3600/-)|
|8||Office Executive||27||(PB-2 Rs. 6300/- – Rs. 20200/-& Grade Pay of Rs. 3600/-)|
|9||Jr. Engineer (E) Gr- II||160||(PB-2 Rs. 6300/- – Rs. 20200/-& Grade Pay of Rs. 4400/-)
[with higher initial start at Rs. 9000/- in the Pay Band]
|10||Technician Gr – III||142||(PB-2 Rs. 6300/- – Rs. 20200/-& Grade Pay of Rs. 2600/-)|
Reservation for all posts will be made as per the guidelines issued by the Govt. of West Bengal from time to time. SC / ST / OBC-A &B candidates from the states other than West Bengal have to apply as General Candidate. The vacancy against Exempted Category is filled up as per rule of Govt. of W.B.
Scheme of Examination
Medium for Examination: English (For the post of Technician Gr.-III question paper will be prepared in English & Bengali/Nepali)
Marks per question: 1 (one)
No of Option in each question: 4 (as A, B, C &D)
Negative Marking: 1 (one) mark will be deducted for every 3 (three) wrong answers.
The marks distribution of the segments of the written examination question paper is as described below:
For the posts of Assistant Engineer (Elec.), Assistant Manager (HR&A), Assistant Manager (F&A), Assistant Manager (Corp. Comm.), Jr. Executive (F&A), Jr. Executive (Store), Jr. Engineer (Elec.) Gr.-II and Technician Gr.-III:
For the post of Office Executive and Stenographer:
Minimum Qualifying Marks – (MCQ Type Considering all Grades)
- 40% for UR & OBC-A/B
- 35% for SC
- 30% for ST
- 30% for PH
Minimum Qualifying marks in English & Bengali / Nepali papers: 05(five) out of allotted 20nos for Gr.-C & Gr.-D for all applicants.
Interview marks: 25 marks.
Mode of Selection
Selection will be made on the basis of performance in Written test and Interview for all posts. Candidates called for Written Test / Interview shall not be entitled to reimbursement of travelling expenses. The Written Test / Interview /Computer Proficiency Test /Stenography Test will be held in Kolkata only. For the post of Office Executive and Stenographer Candidates shall required to appear in Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Stenography Test (for Stenographer post) after qualifying in Written Test. Candidates who are not qualified in CPT / Stenography Test will not be called for the Interview.
Candidates must ensure that they have requisite qualifications shown against each post as per layout of qualification and fulfill all the required criteria before applying for the post.
Instruction to Candidates
- The candidates will be appointed provisionally after being found medically fit subject to receipt of satisfactory police verification report. All positions are transferable anywhere in West Bengal. Selected Candidates will be appointed in the regular Pay Band, initially on probation for a period of one year.
- Candidates must have the ability to read, speak and write in BENGALI / NEPALI language.
- Candidates are requested to ensure that they fulfil the Eligibility Criteria on the date of eligibility i.e. as on 01.01.2016
- Issuing of Call Letters & subsequent test will be purely provisional without Verification of Documents. During the time of verification if it is found that any Candidate has not fulfil the eligibility criteria his candidature will stand cancelled. Candidates called for Interview will be required to produce all original documents i.e. Age Proof, Proof of Essential Educational Qualification, Caste Certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Candidates will be allowed to appear for the Written Test only with Admit Card.
- Mobile Phone, Scanner, Pager & Other IT Gadgets are strictly prohibited inside the Examination Centre of WBSETCL. At the time of Examination if any candidates found with these instruments then his / her candidature will stand cancelled whatever reasons may be.
- Candidates can take their Question Booklet along with Duplicate Carbon Copy of the O.M.R for further reference after completion. Please make sure that before leaving Examination Centre signature of the WBSETCL representative, Signature of the Invigilator & Candidates own Signature are incorporated in the O.M.R sheet. If not then may please bring it to the notice of the room invigilator.
- Candidates employed in Govt. Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies have to produce NOC at the time of interview otherwise their candidature may be cancelled at that stage.
- All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail / SMS only. All information regarding examination schedule / admit card / interview call letters etc. shall be provided through e-mail / uploading on WBSETCL‟s website. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admit card / interview call letter / any other information shall be of the candidates only. WBSETCL will not be responsible for any loss of email due to invalid / wrong e-mail ID provided by the candidate or for delay / non receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his / her mail / website in time. The E-mail ID & Mobile No should be kept alive for next 1(one) year from the date of application.
- Application Form not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect or without requisite documents would be summarily rejected. Wilful suppression of any material fact will also be similarly dealt with.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidates.
- One Candidate can apply for one post only under this notification. Candidates applying for more than one post will not be considered as Written Test for all the post will be held on same day.
For more details of WBSETCL Recruitment 2016 – Download Official Notification.