WBSSC SLST 2016 – The West Bengal Central School Service Commission will hold 1st SLST 2016 for recruitment of Assistant Teachers in Hons/Post Graduate vacancies and Work Education & Physical Education vacancies in Govt. aided / sponsored Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools in West Bengal. Interested candidates can apply online from the commission website as per the schedule mentioned below on this page.
Latest – Notification regarding cancellation of Assistant Teacher Recruitment (IX-XII Level) is released. Scroll down to check complete details.
Total Vacancies – 18203
- Hons/PG – 15947
- Work Education – 1237
- Physical Education – 1019
The West Bengal School Service Commission has approved equivalence of some new Different Subjects/ Degrees in addition.
WBSSC SLST 2016
Candidates can apply online for 1st SLST 2016 for recruitment of Assistant Teachers as per the schedule mentioned below. After the completion of application process admit card will be issued to those candidates only who have submitted their application form before the last date. Recruitment will be done on the basis of result of WBSSC SLST 2016. Candidates can check here all the important details like eligibility criteria, application procedure, selection criteria etc.
WBSSC SLST 2016 Assistant Teachers Recruitment schedule is given below.
|Online submission starts from||19 Feb 2016|
|Last date of deposit of fees is||09 Aug 2016|
Notified on 23 Sep 2016:- Public Notice No.138/0117(6602)/CSSC/ESTT/2016 dt.16 Feb 2016 inviting applications for 1st SLST-2016 (for Classes IX to XII) issued by the West Bengal Central School Service Commission is hereby withdrawn and cancelled.
Persons who had applied in response to the above mentioned Public Notice and are applying for competing in 1st SLST 2016 for recruitment of Assistant Teachers in State Govt. Aided/Sponsored /Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools (separate examinations for Classes IX-X and Classes XI-XII standard) can get their fees adjusted against anyone examination observing usual process.
For details please visit Commission’s Website (www.westbengalssc.com).
Interested candidates can apply online for State Level Selection Test for Appointment to the posts of Assistant Teachers from the official website i.e. www.westbengalssc.com or from the direct link provided below. Candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying online.
Candidate can check their payment status after 48 hours of cash deposit. All the applicants are instructed to retain the sealed & signed challan copy of the bank for future reference. Any manually modified challans will not be accepted at selected Bank counters.
Notified on 15 Mar 2016 – Intending candidates can submit the online applications from 16 Mar 2016 2:00 PM onwards. Candidates will be able to deposit fees after seven days following the date of submission of online application and will be able to check the status of application after further seven days. Check the complete Notification HERE.
|General & OBC Candidates||Rs. 250/-|
|SC/ST/PH Candidates||Rs. 80/-|
|Bank Charges||Rs. 5/-|
How to apply
- Candidates can apply online by accessing the official website i.e. www.westbengalssc.com.
- Fill personal and educational information as required by the commission
- Candidates will get an e-Challan (Cash Challan) of Allahabad Bank.
- Candidates has to take a printout copy of the same and has to visit any branch of Allahabad Bank in West Bengal to submit the fees after 24 hours (during banking hours) of successful submission of the Online Application Form.
- Please paste the colored photograph on a white paper and put your full signature just below the Photograph. Now scan the photograph and the signature below it and crop it. Next save it such a way that the file size is between 10 KB and 30 KB. Now upload the photograph by clicking the button and click on the final submit button.
- Candidates can also submit online application visiting any “Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendra , Common Service center (C.S.C.)” with his/her documents with recent passport size photograph. At Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendra applicant can apply online and also can pay the fees in cash at Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendra and take a Receipt.
- Honours Graduate/Post Graduate with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from UGC recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized institution; or
- Honours Graduate/Post Graduate with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from UGC recognized University and B.A. Ed. /B.Sc.Ed from any National Council for Teachers’ Education recognized institution.
- Relaxation of 5% of marks for Reserved Category Candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Physical Education as an elective subject with 50% marks
- Only citizens of India can apply for the said State Level Selection Test for Appointment to the posts of Assistant Teachers 2016.
Age: As on 01 Jan 2016, candidate’s age should be minimum 20 years and maximum 40 years. Upper age limit is however relaxable by 5 years for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Candidates, 3 Years for Other Backward Class Candidates and 8 years for the Physically Handicapped Candidates, and up to 55 years of age as on 01 Jan 2016 for approved teaching and Non-Teaching Staff in recognized Govt aided/ Sponsored /Jr. High / High / Higher Secondary Schools approved by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education / West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
Admit card of the SLST will be available on the official website (www.westbengalssc.com) after the successful completion of application process. Candidates are requested to download the admit card to appear for the examination.
Selection to the posts of the Asst Teachers shall be made strictly on the basis of merit. The merit will be determined by the results of the State Level Selection Test comprising written examination (MCQ Type), evaluation of academic qualifications including professional qualifications and personality test of the candidates in the manner as specified in the following schedule :
|Written Examination (MCQ Type)||55 Marks|
|Academic qualification including professional qualification||35 Marks|
|Personality Test||10 Marks|
|SC/ST/ OBC/ PH Candidates||19|
If more than one candidate obtains the same aggregate (total marks) the merit position of the candidates shall be determined according to their date of birth i.e., candidates with earlier date of birth shall be preferred and if the aggregate and date of birth shall also be same, the candidates obtaining higher academic score shall be preferred and if the aggregate, date of birth and academic score shall also be same. The candidates obtaining higher marks in the written examination shall be preferred.
For complete details of WBSSC SLST 2016 – Download Information Brochure