Jammu & Kashmir Police Department had released a recruitment notification from the permanent residents of J&K State for the post of J&K Police Constable (Executive Police & Armed Police) (on District wise/category wise) for Male & Female candidates. Candidates can read all the necessary information regarding J&K Police Constable Recruitment 2016 such application form, eligibility criteria, fee details, selection process etc. on this page.
Latest Update – The Result of J&K Police Constable Recruitment 2016 has been declared. Also check the Waiting list of candidates below.
- Post Name : J&K Police Constable (Executive Police & Armed Police)
- Total Number of post : Executive Police 1000 & Armed Police : 3000
- Pay Band – 1 of Rs. 5200-20200+ Grade Pay of Rs. 1900/-
J&K Police Constable Recruitment 2016
J&K Police Department or Police Recruitment Board of Jammu & Kashmir conducts recruitment process for the post of J&K Police Constable (Executive Police & Armed Police). Eligible candidates had applied already & start preparation.
Schedule for J&K Police Constable Recruitment 2016 is given below.
|Availability of application form from||15 Sep 2015|
|Last date for receipt of application forms||23 Oct 2015|
|Written Exam||20 Mar 2016|
J&K Police Constable Result 2016
Selection Lists of Candidates for the Post of Constable in J&K Police (Armed/Executive)
List of Candidates disqualified due to Various reasons – Check Here
- Application process is over…!!!
The application form in OMR/ICR format alongwith envelopes, Sample Dummy Form, Acknowledgment Card and the Instruction Sheet was available in the offices of all the district SSsP in J&K/SSP CID Cell New Delhi against payment of fees of Rs. 300/- (three hundred only) in the shape of Demand Draft (DD)/postal order obtained from any of the Branch of J&K Bank/Post Office, payable to Chief Accounts Officer PHQ, payable at Jamma/Srinagar.
Educational Qualification : The candidate should have passed matriculation examination or equivalent from any Government recognized Board.
Age limit (as on 01 Jan 2015) : Candidates should not be less than 18 years and not more than 28 years. The candidates born before 01 Jan 1987 and after 01 Jan 1997 shall not be eligible.
Note : However, in case of SPOs/ Volunteer Home Guards(VHGs) with a continuous period of engagement of minimum three years and five years respectively, the upper age limit shall be 37 years.
|Height||5’6 (Minimum)||5’2 (Minimum)|
33 1/2 (Expanded)
|For candidates belonging to Ladakh region and Gorkha community (State Subject)|
|Height||5’4 (Minimum)||5 (Minimum)|
33 1/2 (Expanded)
The J&K Police Constable Recruitment Admit Card has been released by the J&K Police Department. The candidates who have successfully cleared the PET & PST are eligible to appear for the Written Test. The Admit Card for the J&K Police Constable Recruitment Written Test can be downloaded from the link given below or from the official website of J&K Police Department. The candidates without the valid Admit Card will not be permitted to appear in the Written Test. Also, the J&K Police Constable Admit Card has to be preserved safely for further verification and reference purpose.
- Admit card download is over now
Result – PET
J&K Police Constable PET Result has been announced. Candidates can check the PET result district wise from the link given below.
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
The Physical Endurance Test shall be qualifying in nature and no marks are allotted for these test. It will have 2 (two) events viz. Only candidates who qualify Physical endurance test (PET) shall be eligible for the PST.
- Race: Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 1600 meters race to be completed within 6 minutes.
- Push ups : 20 (one cycle of up and down to be counted as one)
- Race : Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 1000 meters race to be completed within 6 minutes.
- Shot Put (4 Kgs) : 14 1/2 feet in three attempts.
Physical Standard Test (PST)
Measurement of Height and Chest as given above table.
Note: The candidates are also required to Carry their original documents for scrutiny during the PST.
Only for those candidates who qualify the above test (PET & PST). The duration of the test will be of two (2) hours in which the candidates will have to compulsorily attempt all the 100 multiple choice questions carrying one mark each. The examination will be in English only. Questions will be of the level of class X.
The written test for the post of constable in J&K Police will be based on multiple choice question paper (objective type). The answer script would be OMR based and the questions for the written test will generally be from the J&K Board of School Education syllabus for the both Standard currently in vogue which will broadly cover the following areas:
- English language usage and grammar
- Basic mathematical understanding about Number Systems, Algebraic Equations, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Probability
- History: Including independence movement from 1857-1947
- Geography: Our Resources, Soil, Land utilization, Forest, Wild life, Water, Agriculture, Mineral and energy resources, environment:
- Civics: Democracy, Elections, Political Parties, India and the World, Legislature, Judiciary and Executive in India with special emphasis on J&K.
- Questions based on basic concepts along with common application of science relating to physics, chemistry and biology.
- There shall be questions based on general knowledge and mental aptitude/reasoning in order to assess the aptitude of the candidates towards issues/
happenings of day to day life, current affairs, sports and games. fundamental administrative setup, awareness of the world around.
Question Paper & Answer Key
The Answer Key and Question Paper for the J&K Police Constable Written Exam has been released. The candidate can check and compare their answers from the Answer Key. To download the Answer Key for all the sets of question papers, use the link provided below.
Get here the J&K Police Answer Key 2016 – Click here to download answer key
Candidates in their own interest are again advised that in case they genuinely believe or have reason to believe that there is discrepancy or mismatch in the given answer key, he or she shall represent the same in the format given the notice.
Such candidates shall either register their complaints through email/fax or deliver personally to the authorised officers of PRB as under:
1. Email: [email protected]
2. Fax/ Personal Deliverance: For candidates of Jammu Province: (a) APHQ Gulshan Ground Jammu (b) Fax no: 0191/ For candidates of Kashmir Province: (a) Office of DIG CKR Srinagar (b) Fax no: 0194
Notably the complaints if any ,shall be received in the above manner/mode only upto 4 pm of 21st of April 2016 during office hours on all working days. No complaint shall be entertained after the prescribed deadline and in any other manner. After scrutiny of the genuine complaints and upon consideration thereof by the experts/PRB, if it is felt expedient to issue a revised key, the same shall be made public appropriately or else if on consideration of the genuine complaints, no change is warranted, the provisional key/s shall be deemed to be final and unalterable.
Download the question papers of different sets of J&K Police Written Examination from the links given below.
- J&K Police Question Paper (Set A)
- J&K Police Question Paper (Set B)
- J&K Police Question Paper (Set C)
- J&K Police Question Paper (Set D)
Check the complete notice about J&K Police Question Paper & Answer Key HERE
For More Details Regarding J&K Police Constable Recruitment 2016 – Download Official Notification