Meghalaya Police has released a notification from eligible candidates to fill up various vacant posts of Sub Inspector, Constable, Fireman etc. The Recruitment will be carried out as per the scheduled prescribed by Meghalaya Police Department. The candidates can get all details about the Application Form, Admit Card, Result etc on this page.
Latest – Selected candidates for written test of Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 have been announced. Check “Result” link below.
Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016
The Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 is being carried out by Meghalaya Police Department and the candidates who will get selected will be awarded posts of Sub Inspector, Constable, Fireman etc. The candidates willing to apply for the mentioned posts should complete the application process as per the schedule.
|Availability of Application Form from||01 June 2016|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||30 Jul 2016|
|Availability of Admit Card (Offline)||24 Oct 2016 Onwards|
|Date of PET||14 Nov 2016|
Check the corrigendum issued on 14 Jun 2016 HERE
The Application Form for Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 is to be released by Meghalaya Police Department. The candidates can get the application form as per the schedule through the offices of all District Superintendents of Police and Commandants of MLP Battalions and Principal, PTS Mawroh, Shillong.
The candidates will have to pay a sum of
Rs 150/- Rs 50/- (Rupees One Hundred Fifty Only) as application fee.
Note: Candidates who had bought the forms at Rs 150/- or Rs 100/- each are entitled to a refund of excess amount from the place/district/Unit from where they bought the forms
The candidates applying for the mentioned posts in Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 should essentially comply with the eligibility criteria laid down by Meghalaya Police Department. The eligibility criteria for recruitment to various posts is as under.
- The candidate should be an Indian Citizen domiciled in Meghalaya only.
- The candidate should be able to speak, read and write at least one regional language of the State.
Note : There will be a relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit for candidates belonging to the SC/ST.
Note: There will be a relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST. There is no relaxation of for Schedule Caste candidates.
Vacancy Details – Revised
The details of the vacant posts for Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 are mentioned below. The candidates can apply for only one category of the posts.
|Category 1 (UB Sub Inspectors)|
|Category 2 (AB Sub Inspectors)|
|Category 3 (UB Group)|
|Category 4 (AB Group)|
|Category 5 (Follower Group)|
These vacancies are subject to anticipated vacancies that may arise at the time of submission of merit lists.
The entire recruitment process will be conducted as per the policy of Transparency in Recruitment Process. The marks obtained by candidates in each event will be communicated and the daily results will also be uploaded to the Departmental website www.megpolice.gov.in.
The selection will be based on combined performance in Physical Efficiency Test, Written Test and Personal Interview. The details of the tests to be undergone by the candidates applying for different posts are mentioned below.
Physical Measurement Test
This test will be to verify the physical measurements of the candidates. Those candidates who do not meet the standards of minimum Height requirement as prescribed will be rejected and further events of such candidates will not be conducted.
Physical Efficiency Test
The PET was a Race of 5 kms for Male candidates and 3 kms for female candidates. Each candidate were equipped with RFID tag to record start time, finish time and net time. Those who do not finish the race within minimum prescribed time will be rejected.
The 5 kms Race for male candidates have to be completed within 24 minutes and 3 kms Race for female candidates have to be completed within 19 minutes.
Before written tests, candidates who qualified in the PET will be given a Final Admit Card and also uploaded to Meghalaya Police Website for downloading. Only those candidates who qualify in the Physical Efficiency Tests will be allowed to appear at the Written Examination which will be conducted at the time, venue and date to be notified by the Central Recruitment Board. The dates and venues shall be published on the departmental website.
- The Written examination for the UBSI posts – shall comprise of 3 papers comprising of (i) General English including precis writing, essay writing, drafting and English grammar (matriculation standard) of 150 Marks to be completed in 90 minutes, (ii) Elementary Mathematics reasoning and basic Science (matriculation standard) of 50 Marks to be completed in 30 minutes, and (ii) General Knowledge based mainly on Meghalaya of 100 marks. Total = 300 marks to be completed in 60 minutes.
- The written examination for the ABSI posts – shall comprise of 3 papers comprising of (i) General English including precis writing, essay writing, drafting and English grammar (matriculation standard) of 55 Marks to be completed in 90 minutes, (ii) Elementary Mathematics reasoning and basic Science (matriculation standard) of 40 Marks to be completed in 45 minutes, and (iii) General Knowledge based mainly on Meghalaya of 55 marks. Total =150 marks to be completed in 60 minutes.
- The written examination for the UB constables posts and other UB Posts – shall comprise of 3 papers comprising of (i) English Grammar and usage, (ii) Arithmetic / Elementary Science and (iii) General Knowledge. Each paper shall carry 100 marks and the Total = 300 marks.
- The written examination for AB Constables and other AB posts – shall consist of one paper only, comprising of elementary and basic knowledge of English, Basic Arithmetic and Basic General Awareness. This paper will be on multiple choice / OMR based basis and will carry Total= 150 marks.
- There shall be no written test for Followers. For followers, a trade test of 150 marks will be conducted.
For Complete Detail of Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016 – Download Official Notification