OSSSC Junior Clerk / Stenographer Exam 2016 is being organised by Odisha Sub-Ordinate Staff Selection Commission for selection of candidates for recruitment on the contractual basis to the following district cadre posts of various district offices under different Departments of Government of Odisha. The interested candidates shall apply for OSSSC Junior Clerk / Stenographer Exam 2016. Read all the information about Application Form, Eligibility, Admit Card etc on this page.
No. of Junior Clerk vacancies: 1433
No. of Junior Stenographer vacancies: 78
OSSSC Junior Clerk / Stenographer Exam 2016
OSSSC is recruiting eligible candidates for 1433 positions of Junior Clerk and 78 positions of Junior Stenographer. The candidates selected after OSSSC Junior Clerk / Stenographer Exam 2016 shall be appointed initially on contractual basis on consolidated monthly remuneration. The aspiring candidates shall complete the application process as per the schedule.
Schedule of events for OSSSC Junior Clerk / Stenographer Exam 2016
|Start Date of Online Application||26 Sep 2015|
|Last date for online deposit of Examination Fee||07 Nov 2015|
|Late Date submission of Online Application||16 Nov 2015|
|Date of Examination||20 Mar 2016|
|Admit Card for Written Test / Skill Test (Stenographer)||12 Jun 2016|
|Date of Written Test / Skill Test||26 Jun 2016|
Selection List – Provisional
OSSSC has released the Provisional Select List by Roll No./Application No. for the Post of “Junior Stenographer“. The list of candidates can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
Written Test Result – (Clerk)
OSSSC has declared the Written Test Result of Junior Clerk Exam 2016 on the official website. Candidates can check their result on the official website or by a direct link that is posted on this page below. Selected candidates are required to appear in the Computer Practical Test to be held on dated 18 Sep 2016.
To Check Written Test Result of OSSSC Junior Clerk Exam 2016 – Click Here
OSSSC has published the Provisional list of Applicants allowed to appear Written and Skill Test for the Post of Junior Stenographer. List of candidates can be checked through the direct link provided below.
- Check List of Shortlisted Candidates (for the Post of Junior Stenographer)
Admit Card for Written Test
Admission letters / Admit Card / Hall Ticket, containing intimation about the date, time and venue for the written / practical examination / skill test carrying the scanned photograph and signature of the eligible applicants and specimen signature of the Secretary of the Commission are uploaded on the Commission’s website.
The candidates shall download their admit card by entering their Date of Birth and any one of Registered Mobile Number, Username or Registration number. For the convenience of the candidates, the direct link to download the OSSSC Junior Clerk Admit Card 2016 is provided here.
- Downloading of Admit Card is over…!!!
It is strictly applicable for the candidates to carry their admit card to the exam center on the day of OSSSC Junior Clerk / Stenographer Exam 2016. Candidates failing to produce a valid admit card shall NOT be made to appear in the Examination.
Further SMS may also be sent to the candidates through the mobile/cell phone number mentioned by them in the applications. The Commission will not send any printed admission letter to any candidate through post.
The application form was made available online through the official website of Odisha Sub Ordinate Staff Selection Commission. The Eligible persons had to first register/re-register if registered for previous recruitment of the Commission themselves for the post/s of their choice by logging into the Home page of the Commission’s website- www.osssc.gov.inand clicking on the tab ‘Register’ and then make Online Application.
- Application Process is over…!!
Application Fee – Rs 100/-
The candidates must ensure their eligibility for OSSSC Junior Clerk / Stenographer Exam 2016 before applying. The criteria prescribed by OSSSC for each post is provided as under. The candidates who do not satisfy the following conditions shall NOT apply for this exam.
For Junior Clerk
- Pass in Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2) or any equivalent examination, with knowledge in basic computer skills
- Age of the candidates shall be between 18 – 32 years.
For Junior Stenographer
- Pass in Higher School Certificate (Class ten) from BSE, Odisha or any equivalent examination, with knowledge in basic computer skills
- Age of the candidate shall be between 18 – 32 years.
For Junior Clerk
There shall be a Written Examination for 400 marks and Practical Skill Test of 50 marks as detailed below:
The standard of examination shall be equivalent to that of Secondary School. Candidates 5 times the vacancies shall be deemed to be qualified in the Written Test and called for the practical Skill Test. The practical Skill Test shall be of qualifying nature. A candidate securing minimum 40% marks in it will be deemed to be qualified in the skill test but this score shall not be added to the total marks of written examination.
Language Test (English and Odia)
A. English Language Test – 50 marks
- Verbs, Tenses, Active and Passive voice, Subject-verb Agreement
- Connectors, Types of sentences, Direct and Indirect speech, Comparison.
- Articles, Noun, Pronouns, Prepositions (iv) Unseen passage (400-450 words in length) with a variety of comprehension questions.
B. Odia Language Test – 50 marks
- Grammar: 20 marks
- Composition: 20 marks
- Essay writing on familiar topics (within 250 words) 10 marks
- Letter Writing (Personal letter, Applications, Business or Official) (within 150 words) 05 marks
- Translation (One English passage of around 100 words to be translated into Odia): 05 marks
- Comprehension of an unseen prose passage (5 x 2) = 10 marks – Five short questions to be asked
C. Objective General Knowledge -100 marks
In this category, there should be a series of matching questions of different categories like:
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities and places,
- Geographical facts with places,
- States, Countries and institutions with headquarters,
- Books and authors,
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses,
- Current events with places and personalities, and,
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
D. Objective Mathematics — 100 marks
- Number System
- HCF and LCM
- Squares and Square Roots
- Cubes and Cube Roots
- Percentage and Averages
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest.
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Ratio and Proportion
- Under this, there will be a series of questions in Practical Mathematics required for day-to-day use. The questions would be such as to test candidate’s ability to work out with quickness and accuracy.
E. Basic Computer Knowledge (Objective) –100 marks
- MS Windows: Introduction of Windows
- MS Office: MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel
F. Practical Skill Test: – 50 marks
- Windows operating system:
- To test some of the following basic system operations on file/folder(s): – Create, Rename, Copy/Cut/Paste, Delete
- MSWord: A Paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below:- Editing and formatting text and paragraph , Page and Paragraph Setup
- MSPower Point: A Power Point presentation with 2/3 slides using the tools given below: – Editing and formatting slides
- MSExcel: A problem in spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below:- Formatting cells and data, functions Printouts of the documents(s) should be attached with the answer sheet.
For Junior Stenographer
I. Dictation and Transcription – 50 Marks
- Dictation 10 minutes @ 80 words per minute 25 Marks
- Transcription 65 minutes (English) 25 Marks (On manual Typewriter) 75 minutes (Odia) OR
- Transcription 50 minutes (English) (On Computer) 65 minutes (Odia)
II. Basic Computer Skill (Theory) – 50 Marks
Objective and Multiple MS-Windows: Choice type Introduction of Windows
- MS-OFFICE: MS Word, MS-OFFICE: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Access.
- Internet: Services available on Internet, Using MS Internet Explorer.
ISM (ODIA) B. Language Test – 30 Marks
This test should aim at evaluating candidates’ knowledge of the English and Odia language. There will be a common question paper. It will be designed as follows.
- Translation of a passage from English to Odia 5 Marks
- Translation of a passage from Odia to English 5 Marks
- An essay in Odia 10 Marks
- Questions aimed at assessing the candidates’ working knowledge of English language 10 Marks
The question may require the candidate to give correct spellings of words; to select, from given words and phrases, the most appropriate for filling in blank in sentences; to correct grammatical mistakes in given sentences; to select from a given group of words, those with opposite meanings and to punctuate a passage.
Original Certificate/documents to be produced during verification
- Treasury challan in support of deposit of Exam fees.
- Resident Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Certificate of Registration in Employment Exchange of the district.
- Candidates claiming reservation as SC/ ST/ SEBC/ Persons with Disabilities (PD) category shall produce Caste /PD Certificate issued by competent Authority.
- Certificates and Mark sheets of qualifying examinations.
- Discharge Certificate/documents in support of service rendered in defence services in case of Ex-Servicemen.
- Certificate of contractual work experience in any organisation of Government of Odisha if claimed.