JK SET 2016 – The exam of JK SET 2016 was held on 22 May 2016. The exam which is also known as the J & K State Eligibility Test 2016 is being conducted by the University of Kashmir. This exam is conducted for shortlisting the candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in the colleges/universities of Jammu and Kashmir. All other important information about the JK SET 2016 exam and its other related terms are given below.
Schedule for JK SET 2016 is given here.
|Online application submission begins||17 Mar 2016|
|Online application submission ends on||04 Apr 2016|
|Last date to submit hard copy of application form (Reserved category)||09 Apr 2016|
|Download JK SET 2016 Admit Card||17 May 2016|
|Date of Exam||22 May 2016|
|Date of Declaration of Result||16 Nov 2016|
JK SET 2016
University of Kashmir had released the notification for J & K State Eligibility Test 2016 for the post of Assistant Professor in the colleges/universities of Jammu and Kashmir. Online Application form process of JK SET 2016 is over now.
JK SET 2016 – About the Exam
- Name of the exam: JK SET 2016
- Also known as: J & K State Eligibility Test 2016
- Level: State Level
- Conducting Authority: University of Kashmir
JK SET 2016 Answer Key – Revised
The Answer Key of JK SET 2016 has been published on the official website of University of Kashmir. Earlier examination was held on 22 May 2016. Now candidates are able to check the answer key for the same. The direct link to check answer key is also provided here for the candidates.
JK SET 2016 Application Form
- Application process is over…!!!
The candidates who want apply for the JK SET 2016 exam must submit the application form for the exam. The application procedure for the exam has already begun from 17 Mar 2016. The forms are being filled till the 04 Apr 2016. The candidates shall have to fill the application form via the online mode. However, the candidates applying under the reserved category need to fill the form online and submit the hard copy of the form as well. Read all the details instructions to fill the JK SET 2016 form below. Now Candidates can check the Status of their JK SET 2016 Application Form through the direct link provided below.
- For General Category: Rs. 800/-
- For OBC Category: Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ST/PWD Categories: Rs. 300/-
Note : The candidates who filled the form under the reserved category must send the printout of the completed application form along with all the relevant category documents to the JKSET Office at the University of Kashmir.
How to Apply Online?
- The candidates must first click on the link above to start applying for the exam.
- By clicking on “Click Here To Apply“, the candidates must enter all the details as asked in the form along with clearly mentioning the category.
- The candidates must then upload a recent photograph of them.
- The candidates must then submit the form after verifying all the entered details. A printout must be taken and the system generated form number must also be noted down.
- The candidates must then make the payment of the application fee via the online mode or depositing the fee JKSET Collection account with bank pay-in-slip in any branch of J&K Bank Ltd.
JK SET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are crucial norms for candidate eligibility and for the JK SET 2016 exam these are set up by the University of Kashmir which is the conducting authority of this exam. The candidates who want to gain the eligibility for the Assistant Professorship through this exam must satisfy all the eligibility criteria for the same first. All the conditions for the eligibility have been given below.
Norm 1 – Academic Requirement
- The candidates must have cleared the Master’s degree in the relevant field or an equivalent exam.
- Candidates appearing for the final year examinations of their master degree are also eligible.
- The candidates who have completed their Ph.D. along with the master’s degree by 19 September 1991 are also eligible.
Norm 2 – Exemption from the test
- Candidates, those who have qualified the NET/SLET/UGC/CSIR JRF exams are exempted from the JK SET 2016 exam.
Norm 3 – Residential Status
- The candidates are NOT required to be a permanent resident of the J&K State.
Norm 4 – Qualifying Exam and Scores
- The candidates must have passed the qualifying exam which shall be the masters exam in the respective field.
- The minimum score for this exam will be 55% for the General Category and 50% for the ST/PWD/SC and OBC candidates.
JK SET 2016 Admit Card
- Admit Card process is over…!!!
The admit card for the JK SET 2016 exam is released on 17 May 2016. The admit card is a crucial document which is required at the time of the exam. Without this document, the candidates shall not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
JK SET 2016 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of an exam tells about the basic details of the question paper for an exam. The candidates who shall be taking part in this exam must essentially know about the exam pattern details and everything regarding it. The details such as the time allotted, the number of papers, the number of questions, type of questions, marking scheme etc. are important and must be known to every aspirant. The exam pattern details regarding the JK SET 2016 exam have been given below.
There are total 3 papers put up and all of these 3 papers consist of objective type questions.
The details can be checked from the following table.
|Paper 1||60 (50 to be attempted)||100||1 ¼ hours|
|Paper 2||50 (All Compulsory)||100||1 ¼ hours|
|Paper 3||75 (All Compulsory)||150||2 ½ hours|
There will be two JKSET Centres at University of Kashmir, Srinagar and Uiversity of Jammu, Jammu each with a numbers of Examination sub centres in Srinagar & Jammu cities only. The centre of examination once opted by a candidate shall not be changed under any circumstances.
- Srinagar : 01 (Center code)
- Jammu : 02 (Center code)
Procedure & Criteria for Preparation and Declaration of Result
- It is expected that the results of the exam will be hosted on the official websites in the month of June 2016. There has been no information regarding the release of the results till now.
- The result generation will be a step-by-step process which is explained as follows.
- Minimum marks to be obtained in SET for considering a candidate for eligibility for Assistant Professor –
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks in each paper|
|Paper 1||Paper 2||Paper 3|
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|ST/OBC/SC/PWD||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
- The candidates securing more marks than the ones mentioned in the above table will be included in a merit list which will be prepared subject wise for all the categories.
- From this merit list, only TOP 15% will be considered as the JKSET 2016 qualified and will be termed as eligible for the lectureship only.
For More Details Regarding JK SET 2016 – Download Information Brochure