West Bengal Judicial Service Examination 2016 is being organised by Public Service Commission, West Bengal for recruitment of Civil Judge (Jr Division) in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the posts in West Bengal Judicial Service. The candidates seeking government job in West Bengal shall apply for West Bengal Judicial Service Examination 2016. Read the complete details about WBJSE 2016, Application Form, Eligibility, Written examination etc on this page.
Latest – West Bengal Judicial Service Final Result 2016 has been announced. Check the link below.
West Bengal Judicial Service Examination 2016
The candidates are informed that the West Bengal Judicial Service Examination 2016 will be held in three stages Preliminary Exam, Final Exam, and Personality Test. Interested candidates shall take part in the examination for getting considered for the recruitment. The complete process the examination shall be held as per the schedule provided below.
|Commencement of submission of online application||11 Apr 2016|
|Closing date for submission of online application||02 May 2016|
|Closing date for submission of fees through online||02 May 2016|
|Closing date for submission of fees through offline||03 May 2016|
|Admit Card||24 May 2016|
|Preliminary Examination||05 June 2016|
|Final Examination||01 to 10Aug 2016|
|Personality Test||07 Nov 2016 Onwards|
Instructions for Main Examination
The Application process for WBJSE 2016 has been started as per the schedule. The desirous candidates shall apply for the examination through the online facility provided by WBPSC on their official portal (www.pscwbonline.gov.in). The direct link to access the online application form is provided below with complete instructions for filling the application form.
- (Application Process Over!!!)
For General & BC candidates – Rs 210/-
The SC/ST candidates from West Bengal only are exempted from payment of application fee.
Instruction for Application Form
- The candidate shall visit the official portal of West Bengal PSC or click the ‘Apply Online’ link below.
- Candidate is required to complete a One Time Registration process on the website. If the candidate has already registered himself on PSC website for any previous recruitment, he/she can login using the same credentials.
- For One Time Registration, the candidate can have to provide Personal Details such as Name, Father’s Name, Place of Birth, Gender etc.
- Enter the Contact Details such as Permanent Address, Mobile No., Email Id etc.
- Fill in the Education details, experience, and additional qualifications if any.
- Upload the scanned image of passport sized photo and signatures both less than 50Kb.
- Verify the information filled and click Register.
- After successful registration, the User ID and Password will be displayed on the screen. The same will also be forwarded to your email id if provided. You can copy the user id and password and keep it in your safe custody for future reference.
- After successful registration candidate has to Login to the dashboard where the link to WBJSE 2016 Application Form will be given.
- Click on the link and application form will open with som prefilled fields.
- Select the Centre Name from the drop down list.
- Select Language in Compulsory Paper – II – Candidates have to select the Compulsory Paper from drop down list.
- Select Three Optional Subjects – Candidates have to select three Optional Subjects from the drop down list.
- Lastly, candidates have to accept the declaration that they have provided correct information.
- Finally, candidates have to click on the Submit button.
- The candidate will be forwarded to the payment page where the application fee can be paid online through Net Banking/Debit card/Credit Card as well offline through United Bank of India Challan will be generated on selecting the offline mode.
- After the successful payment, Candidates can also download their Application Form (in PDF format) by clicking the Application Button in their Dashboard.
Before applying for WBJSE 2016, the candidates are advised to check their eligibility for the same. The eligibility criteria as prescribed by West Bengal Public Service Commission is provided here. The candidates failing to satisfy the eligibility conditions at any stage shall be disqualified from the examination.
- A citizen of India or such a person of other nationality as declared eligible by Government of India
- A degree in Law from any University or Institution affiliated to any University recognized by the State Government or the Central Government
- Enrolment as an advocate in the roll of Bar Council of any State or Union Territory in India on the date of advertisement for the examination
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali) – vide Finance Department’s Notification No.1243-F(P) dated 02.03.2016.
- Age : Not less than 23 years and not more than 35 years on the date of advertisement for the examination on 09.04.2016 (i.e. born not earlier than 10.04.1981 and not later than 09.04.1993). Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal, by 3 years for BC candidates of West Bengal and upto 45 years of age for Persons with Disabilities having physical disability of 40% and above and by 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service for at least two year.
The candidates applying for the WBSJE 2016 will have to appear in a three stage examination process viz Preliminary Examination, Final Examination and Personality Test. The details of each stage are as follows.
- Preliminary Examination
All the candidates are initially required to appear in the Preliminary Examination which will be objective type. There will be question having multiple options for answers, the candidate has to choose the correct answer from the options provided. The preliminary examination will be held at various districts of West Bengal.
- Final Examination
The candidates who will qualify the preliminary examination shall be shortlisted for appearing the Final Examination. The Final Examination will be of subjective type. The question will be asked from the subjects chosen by the candidate at the time of submission of application form. The Final Examination is scheduled to be held in Kolkata in August 2016.
- Personality Test
The shortlisted candidates after the Final Written Examination will be called for Personality Test. The final recommended candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in Personality Test.
The names of the candidates called to Personality Test and those recommended for appointment will be published provisionally subject to determination of eligibility of the candidates in all respects and verification of original certificates etc. We will also provide the final list of recommended candidates as soon as it is released by West Bengal Public Service Commission.
If at any stage of such verification any candidate is found ineligible, his / her candidature / allotment will be cancelled.
For further details and assistance the candidates may contact the following numbers on any working day from 11-00 a.m. to 4-00 p.m.
(033) 2262-4181 [Related to Offline Payment]
(033) 4003-5104 [Related to Online Payment]
(033) 2419-8187 [For general information]
For detailed information about West Bengal Judicial Service Exam 2016 – Download Information Brochure