Staff Selection Commission has conducted the Limited Departmental Exam 2015 at selected state for making additions to the Select List for Grade ‘C’ Stenographers of the following Services/Cadres. The eligible candidates will be selected on merit basis as per their performance in the written exam. Go through the complete information about the SSC Grade C Steno Ltd Dept Exam 2015, Application Form, Admit Card, Written Test etc on this page.
SSC Grade C Steno Ltd. Dept. Exam 2015 – 2016
The Written Examination is conducted for selection of eligible candidates for the posts of Stenographer in different Central Government organizations. The candidates seeking government job shall appear in this examination. The pre-examination and post-examination process shall take place as per the schedule provided below.
|Date of release of Application Form||09 Apr 2016|
|Last Date for receipt of Application Form||13 May 2016|
|Date of Examination||03 Jul 2016|
|Final result||09 Dec 2016|
New Admit Cards can be downloaded from the website sscnr.net.in from 28 Sep 2016 Onwards.
After the examination, the names of finally selected candidates are arranged by the Commission, in separate lists, for the participating Cadres/Service in the order of merit as disclosed by the aggregate marks finally awarded to each candidate. and in that order so many candidates as are found by the Commission to be qualified in the examination are recommended for inclusion in the Select lists of Grade ‘C’ of the mentioned departments up to the required number.
Check the SSC Grade C Steno Ltd. Dept. Result here
- Click here to check final result. For write up, click here.
- Click here to check the list of selected candidates for Skill test
The candidates whose Roll Nos. figure in the list would be called for Skill Test subject to their fulfilling all the eligibility conditions requirements as prescribed for the post in the Notice of the Examination and also subject to through verification of their identity with reference to their photograph, signature, handwriting etc. on the application forms, admission certificate etc. If on verification from the application form, it is found that any candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, he/she will not be called for the Skill Test.
Cut off Marks
The schedule of Skill Test will be made available on the Commission’s Northern Regional(NR)’s website soon. Qualified eligible candidates who do not receive the Admission Certificate for Skill Test within 07 days before the Skill Test should immediately thereafter contact the Northern Regional Office of the Commission.
Check the Press Release about the SSC Steno Grade C Result HERE
The candidates willing to appear for the examination shall download and submit the filled application form by post. There is NO online facility available. Application Form for SSC Grade C Steno Ltd Dept. Exam 2015 available for download along with the information brochure from the official website of SSC. We have provided the direct link for the Application Form as under.
Get here SSC Grade C Steno Application Form 2015 – 2016
- Application Process is over..!!
Instruction for Application Form
- The interested candidates shall download the application form from the link provided above.
- Application form must be completed in the candidate’s own handwriting.
- All entries/answers should be in words and not by dashes or dots.
- Candidates should clearly specify in column 6 of the Application Form the language in which they wish to take the Stenography Test.
- A candidate must submit his/her application through the Head of his/her Department or Office concerned who will complete the endorsement at the end of application form and forward it to the Commission.
- Complete application form should be sent to the following address so as to reach by the last date as prescribed.
Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission,
Block No.12, C.G.O. Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110504,
- Candidates are cautioned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information in filling in the application form.
Following documents shall also be enclosed with application form.
- Certified true copy of the first page of the Service Book attested by the Head of Department or Office in which the candidate is employed at the time of making the application should show the name of the candidate in full, his/her Father’s name (Husband’s name in the case of a married women) Nationality, name of the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes in the case of candidates belonging to such caste or tribe, Date of Birth by the Christian Era (both in figures and words), Educational Qualification and specimen Signature of the candidate.
- Certified true copy of the particulars of service since 01.08.2013 attested by the Head of Department or Office in which he/she is working at the time of making the application should show the posts held along with scale of pay and the capacity i.e. substantive, officiating, permanent or temporary in which the post is held.
Notified on 06 May 2016:-
Any regularly appointed Grade ‘D’ or Grade-III employee of the
- Central Secretariat Stenographers Service OR
- Stenographers Cadre of Indian Foreign Service OR
- Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers Service OR
- Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service OR
- Election Commission of India Stenographers Service OR
- Central Vigilance Commission Stenographers Service
who satisfies the following conditions shall be eligible to appear for the examination and will be considered for vacancies in his/her service only. For example, Grade ‘D’ Stenographers of the Railway Board Stenographers service will be eligible only for vacancies in Grade ‘C’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service.
Candidates should not be more than 50 years of age on the crucial date. The upper age limit prescribed above will further be relaxable:- (i)
- Up to maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Castes or a Scheduled Tribes;
- Up to a maximum of three years (eight years for SC/ST) in case of Defence Service Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof;
The written examination will be of Objective type having multiple choice questions. The subjects of the written examination and the maximum marks for each subject will be as follows
Wherever, necessary the written examination may be held in two shifts. Questions relating to General awareness will be set both in Hindi and English. There will be no Question Paper in Braille for Visually Handicapped candidates. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in written examination.
Note – The Commission reserves the right to conduct written examination on-line.
Shorthand Skill Test
The candidates who will qualify in the written examination will have to appear for Skill Test for testing their shorthand typing skills in English or Hindi. Only those candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the Written Examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion will be called for Stenography test.
The Candidates will be required to transcribe their Shorthand Notes on Computer only provided by the Commission. The Skill Test will carry 200 marks. The Commission may at its discretion hold the Shorthand Skill Test along with the Written Examination.
For Written Examination
- General Awareness: – Question will be aimed at testing the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economics, Science, General Politic and Scientific research.
- Comprehension and Writing Ability of English Language:- Questions will be designed to test the candidates understanding and knowledge of English language, Vocabulary, spelling, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words etc. There will be question on comprehension of a passage also.
For Shorthand Skill Test
- The Stenography/Shorthand test in English will comprise Dictation Test at 100 words per minutes for 10 minutes which the candidates will be required to transcribe in 40 minutes on the Computer. The Stenography/Shorthand Test in Hindi will comprise Dictation test at 100 words per minutes for 10 minutes which the candidates will be required to transcribe in 55 minutes on the Computer.
- Visually Handicapped candidates with visual disability for forty percent (40%) and above will be required to transcribe the matter in 70 minutes for English Shorthand test and in 95 minutes for Hindi Shorthand Test.
Final Result for SSC Steno Ltd Dept 2015 (Previous Year)
Staff Selection Commission has released the final list of recommended candidates for Appointment for the SSC Steno Ltd Dept 2015. The result of Written part and Skill Test in Stenography (Hindi / English) were declared and placed on the Commission’s website on 29.07.2015 & 10.11.2015, respectively. The list of recommended candidates has been provided below.
- List of recommended candidates for SSC Steno Ltd Dept Exam 2015
- List of Mistake Percentage of candidates in Skill Test
- Marks of the Candidates & mistakes in % in Skill Test
- Complete notice about the SSC Steno Ltd Dept Exam 2015 Final Result
For detailed information about SSC Steno Ltd Dept Exam 2015 – 2016 – Download Information Brochure