West Bengal College Service Commission SET (WBSET) 2015 – Applications are invited from eligible Candidates for the nineteenth State Eligibility Test (SET) for the post of Assistant Professor and Librarian in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal in the following Subjects:
English (01), Bengali (02), Sanskrit (03), Hindi (04), Urdu (05), Commerce (06), Economics (07), History (08), Philosophy (09), Political Science (10), Education (11), Chemical Sciences (12), Geography (13), Life Sciences (14), Mathematical Sciences (15), Physical Sciences (16), Sociology (17), Psychology (18), Library & Information Science (19), Physical Education (20), Electronic Science (21), Computer Science and Applications (22), Home Science (23) and Santhali (24).
Latest Update – Candidates can now check the combined Final answer key of WBSET 2015 for All Subjects HERE.
Notes : Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation.
- For Mathematical Sciences, candidates having Master’s degree in Pure and Applied Mathematics or Statistics are eligible.
- For Life Sciences, candidates having Master’s Degree in Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Biotechnology, and Physiology are eligible.
- For Library Science, candidates having M.Lib./M.LIS. degree are eligible.
- For Physical Education, candidates having B.P.Ed. and M.P.Ed. are eligible.
Schedule for the West Bengal College Service Commission SET 2015 is given below.
|Commencement of online application||1st September 2015 (12 noon)|
|Last date of Online application||30th September 2015 (12 midnight)|
|Last date of payment of application fee||5th October 2015|
|Date of Examination||6th December 2015|
Application process is over..!!!
Candidates have to visit official web portal www.examinationonline.in/wbcscportal and apply online. On-line Application facility along with the necessary information and copy of the syllabi will be available from the above-mentioned portal from 1st September 2015, 12 noon. The last date of submission of Online Application Form is on 30th September 2015, 12 midnight. Candidates need not submit any hard copy of their application form, but they should retain a copy for future reference. Incomplete Application Forms are liable to be cancelled without any refund of Application Fees. Candidates can also apply for WBSET 2015 from the given below link.
- Application process is over..!!!
Applicants can make on-line payment with the available options or they can make off-line payment. Rs. 800/- (plus Transaction/Bank Charges) for General candidates or Rs. 400/- (plus Transaction/Bank Charges) for SC/ST/OBC/PWD Candidates. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. The fee is to be deposited either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking or through e-challan.The last date of payment of application fees is 5th October, 2015.
How to Apply
- Before applying, please be ready with scanned images of your photograph and signature.
- A valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number are mandatory for registration and email ID should be kept active at least till the examination process is over. Candidates are advised to read “Complete information” and “How to Apply” carefully and then fill the online application form with utmost care as no correspondence regarding changes/modifications will be entertained later.
- Please enter your details in the correct place and while entering data please follow the sequence of the registration form to get better output.
- Once the form is filled up, please save your details by clicking “Save Data” and have a look at the ‘Preview’. If the details entered by you are correct, click on “Submit”. Otherwise click on “Edit” to modify your details.
Master’s Degree in a relevant subject with at least 55% Marks (50% Marks in respect of SC/ST/OBC/PWD Candidates) or an equivalent grade preceded by at least a Second Class 3-year Bachelor’s degree from an Indian University /institution recognized by UGC or an equivalent degree from a Foreign University. Candidates pursuing Post Graduate courses are also eligible to appear at SET subject to the condition that they must obtain their Post Graduate degree with 55% or 50% marks, whichever is applicable, within two years from the date of holding of the SET.
- The minimum marks of 55% or 50%, as the case may be, must not involve any rounding off procedure.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
Age limit: There is no upper age limit for appearing at the SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the relevant Government Order will be applicable.
Admit Card of WBCSC SET 2015 is available for download from 16th November 2015 onwards. The Test will be held on Sunday 6th December 2015.
Test Centres: The Test Centres are likely to be at Kolkata, South 24 Pgs (Diamond Harbour), Howrah, North 24 Pgs, Krishnanagar, Burdwan, Asansol, Rampurhat, Purba Medinipore, Paschim Medinipore, Baharampur, Purulia, Malda, Raiganj, Siliguri, Alipurduar and Cooch Behar The Centres may be changed at the discretion of the Commission. However, the candidates are not allowed to change their option for Test Centre of their own.
The Result of WBSET Result will be declared as per schedule. Find the WBSET Result checking link and other details on the results page.
The WBSET Result for the examination of state eligibility test will be declared soon after the examination process. The result will be announced online by the organizing body of the examination i.e. West Bengal College Service Commission. The declared outcome can be check in the online mode. The qualified candidate can join the further rounds of the selection process in order to get the final recruitment. All the further details regarding the WBSET Result are published here.
Link to check the result: www.wbcsc.ac.in
WBSET Result – How to check?
- Follow the given mentioned procedure in order to check and download the WBSET Result effectively and quickly. Procedure is described here step by step for the sake of convenience of the candidates.
- Switch to the link given in the post in order to reach directly the page where the result checking link is present.
- The submission of the Exam Roll Number, Date of Birth and Application Number will be required for the result checking.
- Once the submission is over, the WBSET Result will be loaded on the screen.
- Check the result and download it on the system for future reference.
WBSET Result – Important Points
- In general, the aspirant with 60% marks in the written examination will be considered as eligible for the next round of the selection process. Any change in this criterion will be updated soon.
- The Result of WBSET is directly dependent on the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination.
- Also, the declared WBSET Exam Results will select the aspirants for the next level of the selection round. The marks of in the result will not be considered at that time directly, but the whole procedure of selection is based on the same.
Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of Result
This will comprise following steps:
Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in SET for considering a candidate for eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor and Librarian.
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|OBC/PWD/SC/ST||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Step III: Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared SET qualified for eligibility for the posts of Assistant Professors and Librarian.
For any clarification/queries contact us:
Help Desk mail ID – [email protected]
Help Desk phone no. – 7044349699