OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Recruitment 2016 – Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has published recruitment notification for the post of Assistant Fisheries Officer, Group-B (Backlog Vacancies for SC/ ST/ SEBC) under Fisheries & A.R.D. Department. Interested candidates can read the complete detail regarding OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Recruitment 2016 such as application form, eligibility criteria, vacancy details, selection process etc. on this page.
Latest : Final result for OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Recruitment 2016 has been announced. Check below.
OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Recruitment 2016
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has published recruitment advertisement to the posts of Assistant Fisheries Officer, Group-B (Backlog Vacancies for SC/ST/SEBC) as per the Odisha Fisheries Service, Group- ‘A’ & ‘B’ (Recruitment & Conditions of Service) Rules, 2013 under Fisheries & A.R.D. Department, in the pay scale of Rs. 9,300-34,800/- carrying Grade pay of Rs. 4600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
Schedule for OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Recruitment 2016 is given below.
|Submission of Online Application form available from||20 May – 10 June 2016|
|Last date for receipt of application fee at any SBI branch||17 June 2016|
|Last date for submission of print out/hard copy of online application form
along with copy of specified documents/ certificates
|25 June 2016 till 5:00 pm|
Odisha Public Service Commission has released final list of candidates recommended for recruitment.
The Commission has recommended 22 candidates in order of merit for appointment to the post of Assistant Fisheries Officer Group B, pursuant to Advertisement No. 02 or 2016-17.
In order to check result, click here.
Online Application Form of OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Recruitment 2016 to be made available on the official website at opsconlinc.gov.in. Interested & eligible candidates may also apply online through the direct link, which is given below.
- Application process is over…!!!
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only). Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Physically Handicapped candidate whose disability is not less than 40 % (forty Percent) are exempted from payment of this fee.
How to Apply?
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. Application received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidate must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up online application.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression(L TI) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen (full) signature and L TI must be clearly identifiable I visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least two copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Thereafter the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of online Challan (pay -in -slip) for payment ofrequisite fee of Rs. 200/- (two hundred) only at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout/Hard copy of the Online Application Form alongwith specified documents and certificates etc. as provided under para-9 of this detailed Long Advertisement by Registered Post/Speed Post to the Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001 so as to reach the same in the OPSC on or before 25 June 2016.
- The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT FISHERIES OFFICER“. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Intimation letter for the interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the O.P.S.C. prior to the date of viva voce test/ interview which will be published in the official website. The candidates are required to download their Intimation letter from the website of the Commission. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Educational Qualification : A candidate must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree in Fishery Science (B.F.Sc.) from a recognised University in India or abroad.
Age Limit: A candidate must be under 32 years and above 21 years of age on the 01 January 2016, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 02 January 1984 and not later than 01 January 1995.
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce Test. The Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number for conducting Viva Voce Test by making a preliminary selection on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification.
|Category||No. of vacancies|
|Scheduled Caste||12 (04-w)|
|Scheduled Tribe||28 (09-w)|
Out of the total 53 number of vacancies (Backlog for SC/ST/SEBC) mentioned above, 01 (one) vacancy is reserved for Physically Handicapped (O.H.), 01 (one) vacancy is reserved for ExServicemen and 01 (one) vacancy is reserved for Sports Person. Candidates belonging to P.H., ExServicemen and Sports Persons shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In case of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible/suitable women candidates, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies reserved for women candidates shall be filled up by male candidates.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
For More Detail of OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Recruitment 2016 – Download Official Notification