UIIC AO Descriptive Paper will be conducted on June 12, 2016 after the Objective Paper of the AO exam as per the Notification released by the United Indian Insurance Company. The pattern of the Descriptive Paper will be as per the format provided by the Insurance Company. After qualifying the Objective as well as Descriptive Paper Cutoff, candidates will be able to qualify the exam. All the important information regarding recruitment of Administrative Officer in UIIC, exam pattern and preparation tips for the exam is available in the below section.
UIIC AO Descriptive Paper 2016
The UIIC has released the Notification for the Recruitment of Generalist & Specialist Administrative Officer Post. There will be total 300 vacancies for this post and category-wise seats reservation will be there which is as follows:
- General Category: 165 Seats
- SC Category: 37 Seats
- ST Category: 21 Seats
- OBC Category: 77 Seats
UIIC AO Descriptive Paper – Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern of UIIC AO Descriptive Paper is available here for the candidates. They should check and understand the structure of the exam before starting their preparations. The details of UIIC AO Descriptive Paper Exam Pattern is as follows:
- There will be 2 sections in the exam i.e. Essay Writing and Letter Writing.
- Number of questions will be one (1) each on Essay Writing and Letter Writing.
- The total duration to answer the paper will be 30 minutes.
- The mode of the exam will be Online.
- The language of the exam will be English only.
- Essay writing is of 20 marks and Letter writing is of 10 marks.
UIIC AO Descriptive Paper – Cutoff
The final cut off of the UIIC AO Descriptive Paper has been notified in the UIIC AO Notification 2016. If there are any changes in the cut off value, it will be intimated after results. We have provided some facts about the cut off as per the notification that are as follows:
- According to the Recruitment of Administrative Officers (Scale I) (Generalist & Specialist)-2016 Notification, the cut off score for General Category will be 15 Marks and the cut off score for SC / ST category candidates will be 13.5 marks for the Descriptive Exam.
- The United Indian Insurance Company will release the Cutoff Score for different Categories in the Online Mode and it will be hosted by the Company on its Official website.
- Candidates of all categories must have more marks than the Final Cutoff Score to increase their chances of the selection for the interview process.
UIIC AO Descriptive Paper – Importance
The Descriptive Paper of UIIC AO will be conducted after the Objective Paper and this paper will be conducted to check the capabilities of the candidates by the United Indian Insurance Company. Check more details regarding the importance of UIIC AO Descriptive Paper:
- For serving the United Indian Insurance Company, candidates must have the good communication skills, reading and writing skills so the candidates must meet this criterion in order to work on any post of the Company.
- One of the main roles of the Administrative Officer is to write letters or communicate with the customer explaining the acceptance and rejection of their claims and communicate with them in the case of any discrepancy so they must have the command in English.
- The Administrative Officers have to communicate with the other Department Personnel in order to get the information regarding policies and schemes and it cannot be possible without having good communication skills.
- The Insurance Company deals with Indian as well as Foreign Candidates so that the company professionals must have the capability to express their views and satisfy the customers.
- Candidates who will qualify the Objective Exam as well as Descriptive Exam Cutoff then they will be able to qualify the entrance exam and will be eligible for the interview round.
UIIC AO Descriptive Paper Preparation Tips
The preparation tips of UIIC AO 2016 Descriptive Paper are available here for the candidates, who will appear in the entrance exam which will be conducted in the month of June, 2016. We have prepared some important tips after taking the review of the qualified candidates. The important preparation tips of UIIC AO Descriptive Paper are as follows:
- One section of the exam will be Letter Writing so the candidates must prepare writing both formal as well as informal letters.
- There will be a topic of Formal or Informal letter writing. If there is an option to chose one question among two, candidates must have prior knowledge of strengths and weaknesses to wisely opt for that question where they can score more. For example decision can be taken like this that the Formal Letters will be written in the standard format with limited word length and the informal letters will be written without any limited word length.
- The Essay Writing Section will be focused on the Current Topics so the candidates must prepare according to the topics related to the Insurance and should do practice with the help of the books and study material available here.
- The Essay Writing Section may or may not have word limit and there will be questions related to the Insurance industry. Candidates should practise writing Essay as short descriptive and logical units that are easy to understand.
- During essay writing, candidates have to express their views on the given topic in an assertive manner so the essay should have introduction, body and conclusion part to make it complete.
- Candidates should complete both the sections in the limited time period so they should not waste their time in writing the long letters or paragraph, their sentences should be meaningful.
UIIC AO Descriptive Paper – Previous Year Letter Writing Questions
Write a letter to a friend asking him to take an insurance policy.
Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper about the menace of ragging.
Write a letter to a friend to adopt healthy food habits and avoid junk food.
Write a Letter to a friend explaining the benefits of health insurance.
Write a letter to your relationship manager asking for quotations of various term insurance policies.
Write a letter to your manager complaining about the delay in the reimbursement of the claim money.
UIIC AO Descriptive Paper – Previous Year Essay Writing Questions
FDI in insurance – comment.
What is LIC? Why does it dominate the Insurance sector in India?
Write about the Financial Awareness among people.
How can we provide Insurance to all (e.g. Universal Health Care)?
What is IRDA? Discuss its role.
Marketing practices in Insurance sector are good or bad?