The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officers) and invites ‘online’ application. Candidates can check the complete information of Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2016 application process, eligibility criteria and other information this page below.
Latest – List of candidates selected for final selection board (FSB) has been published. Check below.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2016
Eligible candidates are suggested to apply online from the official website of www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in per schedule for the post of Indian Coast Guard Assistant before the last date of form submission. Selection in Coast Guard is fair and on merit only.
Schedule for the Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2016 is given below.
|Submission of Online application starts||23 May 2016|
|Last date for submission of application||01 Jun 2016|
|Admit Card available from||08 Jun 2016|
|Last date for downloading of Admit Card||17 Jun 2016|
|Date of Preliminary selection (tentative)||–|
|Declaration of Selected candidates on merit basis||December 2016|
Selected Candidates for FSB – New!
The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, has announced the list of candidates selected for Final Selection Board (FSB). Candidates applied for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2016 are advised to check the list of selected candidates for FSB on the official website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. Group wise list of selected candidates is available on this page.
Check selected candidates for FSB here
Admit Card 2016
The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, has released the Admit Card for Recruitment Examination 2016. Candidates can download the same by entering Registration No or Email Id. The direct link to download the same is provided below for the candidates.
- Downloading of admit card is over…!!!
Application Form 2016
Candidates can apply online from here for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant from here on or before the last date of application. Candidate are requested must read the instruction and check eligibility for the post for which they apply. Apply online link is given below for eligible and interested candidates.
- Application process is over now…!!!
Applications will be accepted only ‘Online’ as per schedule date till 1700 hrs for the various branches. The important instructions for filling up of online applications are as follows:-
- The name of the candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the 10th class passing certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th and Graduation marks upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Candidates to choose any one venue for PSB out of the options displayed
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate is compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID/CG Recruitment website.
- In case of reserved category applicants, availing age/percentage relaxation, either current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC, ST & OBC). Further in case of OBC, the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced.
To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. Read the instruction carefully and proceed as given below:-
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant- (01/2017 Batch).
- Select any one post to be applied from any one of the following: –
- (aa) Asst. Commandant General Duty
- (ab) Asst. Commandant General Duty (Pilot)
- (ac) Asst. Commandant Technical (Electrical/Electronics)
- (ad) Asst. Commandant Technical (Mechanical/Aeronautical)
- (ae) Asst. Commandant (Commercial Pilot License-SSA)
- (af) Asst. Commandant General Duty (Women-SSA)
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill the application (All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled).
- On completion of filling application, recheck your data entry details carefully once again prior clicking on the Submit button.
On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval / reprint of admit card.
Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with roll number generated by the system. Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with recent identical photograph (not older than 03 months) are to be carried by the applicant to the recruitment centre.
Out of the above two copies, one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class/equivalent certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Degree certificate showing percentage of marks, caste certificate wherever required and NCC ‘C’ certificate / games certificate duly attested shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination centre. Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the selection procedure. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
- The upper age limit of OBC/SC/ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ ST candidates, NCC ‘C’ certificate ( ‘A’ grade) holders, Sports person of National level (Inter State & above) and Wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation for 12th class marks.
- Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates failed in Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Only candidates cleared their final year / final semester exam and completed their degrees are to apply.
As per laid down procedures, updated from time to time. However, broad guidelines are as follows,
- Asst Commandant (GD) and Technical: 157 cms minimum. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. regulations.
- Asst Commandant General duty (Women) : 152 cms.
- Asst Commandant (Pilot) and Asst Commandant Commercial Pilot License (CPL) holders for Short Service Appointment (Men/Women): Minimum Hight 162.5 cms and maximum 197 cms leg length minimum 99 cms
Weight- Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable.
Chest- Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
Note: The above-mentioned requirements are broad medical guidelines /standards only. However, in addition to above, some more medical standards are required and same will be examined/ tested during initial medical examination post FSB. (No waiver will be considered for the above standards).
Short listing of Applications – Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
Preliminary Selection – Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude test will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage. Candidates are required to appear at the centre with the following documents:-
- Two copies of computer generated pre-filled online application form with recent colour passport size photo affixed. (not older than 03 months).
- Original pass certificate and marks sheet of 10th class.
- Original pass certificate and marks sheet of 12th examination/equivalent.
- Original Degree Certificate with all semester / years mark sheets of BE /BTech /Graduation with CPA/CGPA conversion for percentage marks
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhaar card, voter ID card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Character certificate (should not older than six months on the date called for PSB).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) in original as per Govt. of India format for OBC and State for SC/ST candidates. (format available in website
- Current and Valid Commercial Pilot License (issued & validated by DGCA) in original and flying log book for Asst Commandant CPL entry only.
- Candidates completed their Degree in 2016 must be in possession of Original / Provisional Degree issued by the University and Candidates completed their Degree in and before 2015 must be in possession of Original Degree issued by the University.
- If not the candidate must be in possession of “Non issuance of Degree Certificate” issued / signed from the concerned University only. No candidates will be permitted to appear in PSB without above documents in Original.
- The CGPA should be corroborated with 60% of the total marks as issued from the University.
- No amendment/correction will be allowed pertaining to any data post submission of on line application form later on either during PSB or FSB.
Final Selection- The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in The Final Selection Board will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
Medicals- All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (Pilot) and CPL will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi / IAM, Bengaluru.
PABT & CPSS- GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for PABT and CPSS at Dehradun / Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified PABT & CPSS are to provide details of batch, Chest number and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
Validity of Selection- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
Reasons for Rejection. The candidature of a candidate can be rejected at any time during the process of selection if
- having detected not meeting any of the above laid down criteria/ conditions of educational qualifications, age, submission of wrong information in the application or false certificates etc.
- act of indiscipline activities including copying, cheating, malpractices or data recording during any of the testing procedures.
Recommendation in FSB does not confirm the final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending on the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at the training establishments. The list of candidates selected on the basis of merit list will be uploaded in Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during the month of December 2016.
For more detail of Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2016 – Download Official Notification.