Indian Coast Guard Navik (GD) 10+2 Entry 2016 – Indian Coast Guard (Ministry of Defence) has released notification from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union. Interested and eligible candidates who want to join Indian Coast Guard as Navik (GD), may apply online from here. Application can be filled in online mode only, no other mode of application is accepted. Candidates can check the complete information for Indian Coast Guard Navik (GD) 10+2 Entry 2016 application process, eligibility criteria, and other important information through this page below.
Latest News – List of candidates for Initial Medical examination has been published. Check the ‘Result’ link below.
Indian Coast Guard Navik (GD) 10+2 Entry 2016
The notification has released for Navik (General Duty) 10+2 Entry – 01/2017 Batch. Interested candidates have to apply online from the official website of Indian Coast Guard as per schedule. Those who fulfil their application on time and meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned below will be eligible for written examination. Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
Name of Posts : Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union
Age limit : Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e. between 01 Feb 1995 to 31 Jan 1999. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
Educational Qualification : 10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government.
Selection Process : Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination.
How to apply : Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from the official website at www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The important instructions for filling of online application form along with schedule are given below.
|Date of Commencement of online application||28 June 2016|
|Last date for online submission of application||11 July 2016 1700 hrs|
10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government.
5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service.
Written Examination Details
The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
The recruitment zones and examination Centre for different states are given below:-
The candidates are to choose only one choice of centre from the list mentioned against state to which they belong to. The Coast Guard reserves the right to cancel / reconduct the examination of a particular Centre or change the Centre of the candidates for administrative/ other reasons.
List of Documents: Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior commencement of the written examination. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination Centre with the following documents.
- Three copies of pre-filled online application.
- Original Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original Caste (if applicable) /Domicile certificate of their respective state issued by Tehsildar/Sub District Magistrate / District Magistrate.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card/ voter I card,School/ college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- In case of reserved category applicants, availing age/ percentage relaxation, either current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC, ST & OBC). Further in case of OBC, the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced. All OBC certificates shall be in original as per Govt of India format (No other format will be entertained).
- Ten recent colour passport size photographs with Blue background.
Note : Candidates not in possession of above documents will not be permitted to appear in written examination. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification.If any variations found in application at the time of verification, the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.Qualified candidates to submit one copy of all documents at the examination Centre.
The Online Applications are sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Aug/Sep 2016. The Selection procedure is as follows:-
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. The PFT will consist as under:-
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak-Baithak)
- 10 Pushup. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard.Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jan 2017. It is clarified that merit list will be zone wise and not centre wise.
- Height : Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest : Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age +10% acceptable.
- Hearing : Normal.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry. *Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Visual Standards : 6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9 (Worse Eye) (Candidates using glasses are not eligible).
Note : Candidates with above medical standards are only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be given for the above standards. The Indian Coast Guard order on medical standards of the Naviks will be the final authority in case of dispute. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Coast Guard are advised not to apply.
Final Enrolment Medical Examination : All select list candidates who are issued with a call letter for Final Medical Examination will have to undergo Final Enrolment Medical Examination at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Candidates found ‘unfit’ during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training. No ‘appeal’ is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka. Medically unfit candidates will be returned home at their own expense.
The basic training will commence in Feb 2017 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Other Important Details
Pay, Perks and Others Benefits
Pay : Scale Rs.5200 –20200 along with Rs.2000 Grade Pay. In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
- Free ration, free clothing, free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Insurance cover of Rs.25 lakhs at a premium of Rs.2500/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
Promotion : Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of PradhanAdhikari with pay scale 9300-34800 plus Grades pay @ Rs.4800/-.Promotion to the officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance.
Travel Expenses : SC/ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central/State Government, will be reimbursed ordinary 2nd class fare by train/ Govt. bus/steamer charges as per central government regulations by the shortest route if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of testing onproduction of original tickets.
Indian Coast Guard Navik (GD) 10+2 Entry 2016 – Download Official Notification