Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL) has released the notification from the eligible candidates for OPTCL Recruitment 2016 for the post of Office Assistant Grade-III (Trainee) against 100 vacancies. Interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply/register yourself in online mode at OPTCL Official website. All the candidates who want to get participate in the recruitment process can read the complete details of OPTCL Recruitment 2016 for Office Asst Grade 3 such as application process, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern etc through this page below.
Latest Update : OPTCL Office Assistant Grade 3 Final Result 2016 has been declared. Check ‘Result’ link below.
OPTCL Recruitment 2016: Office Asst Grade 3
OPTCL is looking for bright, qualified and energetic personnel with brilliant academic record to join the Corporation as Office Assistant-III (Trainee). OPTCL will conduct Computer Based Test (CBT) and Skill Test (Practical) for filling up total about 100 posts of Office Assistant Grade-III (Trainee). All candidates fulfilling the prescribed eligibility conditions and possessing qualification will be eligible to apply for Recruitment 2016 of OPTCL Office Asst Grade-III post.
OPTCL Recruitment Vacancy Details
- Total Number of Post – 100
- Name of the Post – Office Assistant Grade-III (Trainee)
Age Limit – Aspirants must have age in between 21 to 32 (01 Jan 2016)
- A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or possess such other qualification equivalent there to. And the candidate must have adequate knowledge in computer application.
Selection Process – The selection process involves Computer Based Test (CBT) and Skill Test (Practical) in Computer Application.
- Unreserved/ SEBC Category – Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PWD – Rs.250/-
How to apply / Instructions to apply – Interested and Eligible candidates may apply for Office Asst Grade-III (Trainee) posts have to apply online for which link is provided given below. All candidates who are applying for Office Asst Grade-III (Trainee) posts are required to read all the instruction provided here before filling the online application form.
|Commencement of Online Registration||28 June 2016|
|Last date of online registration||27 July 2016 up to 7:00 pm|
|Downloading of Admit Card||09 Sep 2016|
|Computer Based Test||24 & 25 Sep 2016|
|Skill Test||05 Oct 2016|
Vacancy Details – Explained
The category wise vacancies are given below:
Name of the Post – Office Assistant Grade-III (Trainee)
- SC – 16 (W:5)
- ST – 22 (W:7)
- SEBC – 11 (W:4)
- UR – 51 (W:17)
- Total – 100 (PWD:3)
The number of vacancies may increase or decrease by the Corporation without any notice.
Office Assistant Grade-III (Trainee) shall be paid a consolidated stipend of Rs.8,000/- per month during the period of training. On successful completion of the training, the candidates will be appointed as Office Assistant Grade-III in Skilled-A Category in the unified cadre on probation for a period of 1 (one) year in the Scale of Pay of Rs.5200- 20,200/- plus Grade Pay Rs. 2830/- with other allowances as per OPTCL Regulations.
The training will be for a period of 1 (one) year, unless and otherwise extended. The trainees during the training period may be terminated without any notice or without assigning any reasons thereof. There shall be no obligation on the part of the Corporation to offer regular appointment after completion of training.
Eligibility Criteria – Explained
- A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or possess such other qualification equivalent there to.
- And the candidate must have adequate knowledge in computer application
- A candidate must not be under 21 (twenty one) years and must not be above the age of 32 (thirty two) years as on 1st January, 2016 i.e. he/ she must not have been born earlier than 2 nd January, 1984, and not later than 1st January, 1995.
- The Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 (five) years in case of SC, ST, SEBC and Woman candidates and 10 (ten) years in case of PWD Candidates.
- Every Ex-serviceman who has put in not less than six months continuous service in Armed Forces of the Union shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit specified in clause-I above shall be deemed to satisfy the conditions regarding age limits.
- Provided that a person who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one benefit of upper age relaxation, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
- The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board/ Council will only be accepted.
Other Eligibility Conditions
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He/ She must be able to read, write and speak Odia fluently; and must have ;
- Passed Middle School examination with Odia language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject ; or
- Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government.
- Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School and Mass Education Department.
- A candidate who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/ her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons.
- The candidates must have a good character.
- Candidates, who fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria, on the effective date, may apply for the post.
- The selection process involves Computer Based Test (CBT) and Skill Test (Practical) in Computer Application.
- Eligible candidates will be called for Computer Based Test comprising Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from English (30%), Computer Application (15%), Mathematics (15%), Reasoning & Mental Ability (20%) and General Awareness (20%). The CBT will be of Three (3) hours duration.
- Candidates who qualify in CBT and be shortlisted will be called for Skill Test in Computer Application in prescribed criteria.
- The merit list will be drawn purely on the basis of Performance in the CBT and Skill Test in Computer Application.
- The offer for appointment shall be issued to the selected candidates on the basis of merit. However the final appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their medical fitness as per the prescribed standard.
- On selection they shall be posted at any of the offices of OPTCL throughout Odisha
For more details of OPTCL Recruitment 2016 – Download Official Notification