The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission is the formal recruitment body in J&K.
JKPSC Competitive Exams conducted
- JKPSC KAS
- JKPSC School Lecturer Recruitment
- JKPSC KCS – J&K Civil Service Judicial Examination
- Range Officers Recruitment
- Assistant Director Statistics Recruitment
- Assistant Conservator of Forest Recruitment
J & K Combined Services Competitive Examination (KAS)
The JKPSC KAS exam is conducted for direct recruitment to the following services.
- Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service.
- J&K Police (Gazetted) Service.
- J&K Accounts (Gazetted) Service
KCS (Judicial) – J&K Civil Service (Judicial) Examination
The J&K Civil Service (Judicial) Competitive Examination is conducted by the J&K Public Service Commission at Jammu and Srinagar tentatively w.e.f. August – September, in accordance with the rules laid down vide SRO No.5 dated 04.01.1968 as amended from time to time read with J&K Public Service Commission (Conduct of Examinations) Rules, 2005.
Jammu and Kashmir Forest Service (Gazetted) Recruitment apply to the appointments and promotions to all the posts including in the J&K Forest Service.
Assistant Director (Statistics)
Jammu And Kashmir Statistical Cum Evaluation Rules (Competitive Examination) govern the Jammu and Kashmir statistical cum Evaluation service for which this competitive Examination is held and is obtainable from the office of the secretary, Jammu and Kashmir public service commission.
Assistant Conservator Of Forest (ACF)
The Jammu And Kashmir Forest Service (Gazetted) Recruitment Rules shall apply to the appointments and promotions to all the posts included in the Jammu and Kashmir Forest Service.
The JKPSC is consulted: –
- On all matter relating to methods of recruitment to Civil Services and for Civil posts.
- On the principles to be followed in making appointments to Civil Services and posts and in making promotions and transfers from one service to another and on the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions or transfers;
- On all disciplinary matters affecting a person serving under the Government including memorials or petitions relating to such matters;