Recruitment Through GATE is the recruitment in Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) or other reputed government organisations on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2017
Till a few years ago, most PSU jobs were offered through a selection process consisting of separate written exam and interviews. Now, instead they shortlist candidates based on their performance in GATE exam. Jobs offered by PSUs in the technical domain require candidates with a good grasp of core engineering subjects and a keen aptitude. Top rankers in GATE often opt for PSU jobs in India.
This year also PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2017 has been announced by several PSU companies. Details of these offers, application process, selection criteria is explained in respective pages.
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2016
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2016 has been announced by several PSU companies. Details of these offers, application process, selection criteria is explained in respective pages.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Central Electronics Limited (CEL)
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL)
- Mazagon Dock Ltd (MDL)
- National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd. (NBCC)
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited (NHPC)
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC)
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
- Oil India Limited (OIL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- Power Grid
- Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL)
- Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limite (PSTCL)
- West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL)
More PSU Recruitment Through GATE
The following are some PSUs which had previously offered jobs on the basis of GATE exam, but are yet to announce details for 2016-2017 recruitment.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Bank Note Paper Mill India Pvt Ltd (BNPM)
- Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- Educational Consultants India Limited (EdCIL)
- Ircon International Limited
- Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL)
- Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Limited (MRVC)
- National Aluminium Company (NALCO)
- Odisha Power Generation Corporation Limited (OPGC)
- Rail India Technical and Economic Service (RITES)
- THDC India Limited (Formerly Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Limited)
Other Jobs offered on the basis of GATE
Apart from PSUs, some other important bodies are offering jobs based on candidate’s performance in GATE exam.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
- Cabinet Secretariat
- Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL)
- Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited (HECL)
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR)
- Krishak Bharati Cooperative (KRIBHCO)
- Mahanagar Telecom Nigam Limited (MTNL)
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- National Textile Corporation Limited (NTC)
- Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL)
PSU Recruitment without GATE
Still there are few PSUs which recruit candidates without GATE examination. A complete list of PSU offering recruitment without GATE Score are given HERE.
PSU Recruitment (Through GATE) Application Forms
Each of the above listed companies have a different schedule for accepting applications. If you are interested in PSU Recruitment through GATE 2016, visit the above links, or official websites of the specific company.
It is essential to first establish that one is eligible for the vacancy notified. Only then should the application form for PSU Recruitment 2016-2017 be filled.
Most of the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) are going to shortlist candidates on the basis of their GATE 2016 scores. A candidate with higher marks in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, will have higher chances of being shortlisted.
After that, they might be called for interviews (please see company specific selection process).
All in all, PSU Recruitment through GATE is a welcome step for job seekers. PSU jobs in India are as much in demand as Govt Jobs. The Public Sector Undertakings offer great career opportunities for talented candidates with aptitude in technical aspects.
PSU Recruitment Through GATE – This page is relevant for PSU Recruitment Through GATE.
For candidates who are going to appear in GATE 2017 or GATE 2018, you can go through this page and get an idea of the large number of Public Sector Jobs. You have many opportunities to get Jobs based on GATE Score.